Another episode of McDU questions.

Bqllzkicker

Hello,

Just recently purchased the regular 320/321 and plan on doing mainly US domestic and some ocean crossings. After a couple hours with the 320, I have a couple questions in regards to the MCDU. (Coming from a Boeing so bear with me.)

1) Is there a pretty way of displaying Position Reports on an Airbus MCDU like you can in 767? Like a 76 with a non-Legacy FMS will do a nice page with PTAPTP. 

2) In the F-PLAN page or another page, how do you change the cruise speed? Like reducing for turbulence or maintain for spacing. Idk if manually selecting Mach on the autopilot panel will change the fuel economy like it will in a Boeing. Just want to be able to set it and forget it before coast out fix crossing the water.

3) With the INT page. Say for instance you want to do a local flight. Practice approaches or etc. Is there a way to fly Airport A to Airport A without putting in Airport to Airport B, then flipping it once airborne?

4) Lastly, this might be a glitch or a simism. I have transitioned to mach, and on the flight plan page the list of airspeed/altitude will display IAS/ALT, not MACH/ALT. Is there a way to change this? FSLabs and other videos have folks with Mach instead of IAS. 

Hi, I'll try.

1. If I understood your question, press "Data" button on MCDU and you will see items to click in and watch your  position

2. What I would do is go in selected mode and put my speed in FMC. Or change Cost Index value in "Perf" page

3. You may try to create a flight plan putting the same departing and arrival airport. Load it in MCDU and then indicate SID/transition/STAR.  I don't know if could work! But i think so.

Or you can load a secondary flight plan with the arrival airport the same of your departing. And then enable it when airborne, choose a waypoint to flight direct to (dir to in Mcdu) and then select Stars.

4. I haven't suggestions on this sorry

Let me know

Bests

• Deputy Sheriffs

Best suggestion is to google for:

Thales FMS Guide

That document is for a older software revision, but the basic is still the same.

positionteport are accessed via PROG->REPORT

speeds can be changed via CI on INIT A or LatRev (right keys in FPLN).

Archived