Fuel Feed Check Valve

Alex Nicolle

Hello,

I discovered a new particularity on the CRJ PRO. 

For the first flight of the day, we need to start engine nbr 1, after when the nbr 1 is stable and before start engine nbr 2, I would like to switch OFF the L and R fuel boost pump, to proceed the Fuel Feed Check Valve and reaching the message «R FUEL LO PRESS».

But the L+R fuel boost pump stay ON and no message on eicas. So we can't make the check and we are not sure the fuel low pressure indicating system is operative.

It was tested on CRJ 1000.

Regards,

Alex'

I noticed this as well. 

It may be because the bombardier manual explains the fuel system quite poorly, and might have been missed in the programming as a result. 

The fuel boost pumps follow a funky logic and both turn OFF (as indicated by an INOP amber light in the bottom half of the switch) anytime both fuel pumps switches are selected OUT, except when BOTH engines are running. 

There is more to the logic then just this. There are 16 conditions in all, for all possible combinations of Boost pump switches and main ejector status (ie: normal inside engine operation). 

Gonna play with it more to see how it goes. 

3 hours ago, A_Pilot said:

I noticed this as well. 

It may be because the bombardier manual explains the fuel system quite poorly, and might have been missed in the programming as a result. 

The fuel boost pumps follow a funky logic and both turn OFF (as indicated by an INOP amber light in the bottom half of the switch) anytime both fuel pumps switches are selected OUT, except when BOTH engines are running. 

There is more to the logic then just this. There are 16 conditions in all, for all possible combinations of Boost pump switches and main ejector status (ie: normal inside engine operation). 

Gonna play with it more to see how it goes. 

Ahh ok, thanks to reply ;)

Archived