X-Plane 11 - No pushback in EHAM-Schiphol Amsterdam?

Hello!

I recently bought Airport Amsterdam for XPlane 11 and I am running it on X-Plane 11 11.41.

But whenever I request a pushback, it tells me I should try a different gate or a larger airport. I tried gates on all piers, but no luck, even not if there is a pushback truck standing at the gate.

Its not super critical, as usually you can taxi out with a little clipping through the terminal building which doesnt seem to do any damage. But its not very realistic. Is there indeed no pushback, or is something going wrong?

I was running it with the following add-ons, but removing them didnt help either:

Airport_Environment_HD_213
CDB-Library
EDDH - 2020 Scenery
EHRD by Flap v1.2 no static aircraft XP11
MisterX_Library_161b
OpenSceneryX

Thanks in advance for your time!

• Administrator

Hello,

Amsterdam is an older Airport (developed for XP10 and made compatible to work with XP11 later).

So there is as I know no working standard XP11 ground routes for the trucks ....

Sorry for that...

Greets Heinz

Hello Heinz,

Thank you for the fast response! And: copy that. It's a shame but that's how it is.

Stay safe!

Do you maybe know of a tool that would allow adding them? I wouldnt mind putting some hours into it. Or is it a matter of adding the list of points to the apt.dat?

Thanks in advance!

• Developer

Try WED:

https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/

To manipulate the airport open it in WED - it will most likely be empty. Now import the apt.dat (file - > import apt.dat) from the scenery folder you opened with WED, then do the same with the DSF (file > import DSF). In theory you should now have everything in WED and can start to dig into adding ground routes.

Be careful if the scenery has modified custom roads (I don't know if the scenery has them) as they will be lost when modifying the airport in WED (because WED can't work with roads). Further, as the airport is an older one, you might get some errors and warning on export (newer WED versions are pretty sensitive and don't like things older versions exported without issues). If this happens you have to solve the issues before you're able to export the scenery.

• Administrator

Hello Lewis,

I remember to a guy who has enhanced our Airport Amsterdam (allowed by us!).

May be this is also an alternate beside FlyAgi's correct answer....

You need our Payeware Amsterdam for that....

But I don't have tested it ...

Here the Link to the download and description of that with our Download Section:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/5304-eham-schiphol-amsterdam/

Or here with the org Forum (registration required) with some more additionally features:
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/55042-eham-schiphol-amsterdam/

Greets Heinz

And stay well...

Thanks a lot FlyAgi and Heinz!

I will certainly give it a try!

@Heinz: I had indeed seen that version. But I noticed it has WT3 ground routes, and I have Traffic Global so I am not sure that will work. Also, it is slightly too heavy on the libraries for me. I had issues with some of them, causing CTD's. Also, my machine is on the older side so I prefer the "vanilla" EHAM version of Aerosoft, as it looks nice without too severely impacting performance. So if I could add the ground routes to it without anything else, that would have my preference.

I will post what I find. Thanks again and stay safe!

15 hours ago, Lewis said:

Lewis,
I also use Aerosoft Amsterdam and also the Better Pushback plugin .v0.48

https://github.com/skiselkov/BetterPushbackC/releases
This works for me 100% further I use this apt (X-Plane 10 Airport Amsterdam (all Gates) 1.00) so that all Gates are present also works with Traffic Global.

Good luck.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:16 PM, FlyAgi said:

Try WED:

https://developer.x-plane.com/tools/worldeditor/

To manipulate the airport open it in WED - it will most likely be empty. Now import the apt.dat (file - > import apt.dat) from the scenery folder you opened with WED, then do the same with the DSF (file > import DSF). In theory you should now have everything in WED and can start to dig into adding ground routes.

Be careful if the scenery has modified custom roads (I don't know if the scenery has them) as they will be lost when modifying the airport in WED (because WED can't work with roads). Further, as the airport is an older one, you might get some errors and warning on export (newer WED versions are pretty sensitive and don't like things older versions exported without issues). If this happens you have to solve the issues before you're able to export the scenery.

OK, that was quite a steep learning curve as it's the first time I gave anything of this sort a try. Thanks again for getting me started! :) And you were right, most time went into clearing the issues and there quite a few! Most were to do with taxi routes not being flagged as no-go when a certain runway is in use. Either way, in the end I got a working apt.dat.

Then I found that the biggest issue was with the airport just not having any vehicles that it could recognise as tow trucks. So I added 1 or 2 per pier (depending on the size/time it would take to drive around it) and a rudimentary taxi way. I started out with double routes on the larger terminals, where each is one way and follows the lane, but that kept giving me "double route" errors. So in the end I skipped that idea. It also took some tries to get the parking spots right, as some ended up clipping into other stuff. Also, when they start turning to latch on, they sometimes still clip into the terminal but given the width of the service roads this is unfortunately not always preventable. And they are the default X-Plane tow trucks as I had no clue how to make the original ones do the job. But I now have what I think is an acceptable end result, giving you a tow truck on all spots within a reasonable amount of time. 

Also, I ended up adding quite a few more parking spots and modifying some others (to prevent wide bodies parking at the B-pier for example).

This file should work with the "vanilla" Aerosoft Schiphol, with no additional libraries required.

I am not sure if it is allowed, but I attached it for anyone who is willing to give this a try. If you spot any errors, please let me know!

earth.wed_apt.dat.zip

• 5 months later...

Hello again!

Sorry to revive this old thread. But I had some issues with my own file where gates weren't used by Traffic Global (for X-Plane 11). I found that I had given a lot of the gates the wrong designation (not gate, but various and usage set as "none" instead of airline). That is fixed in this corrected edition so that all gates are used.
Also, smaller jets no longer park at the E and F piers which are only for big jets and some of the B-gates at apron had the wrong airplane size designation, making triple 7's park there. Very spectacular but not very realistic... :) I also added a few gates. So with this update the original Amsterdam by Aerosoft will be properly working in XP 11 without needing additional libraries, for those that prefer the original lightweight version like me.

Furthermore, based on this thread where there were issues with this airport in the latest update of X-Plane 11.50 as described here:
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155646-aerosoft-eham-airport-amsterdam-fehlermeldung/&tab=comments#comment-995046
I included the corrected file to fix the error as described by the ever helpful Heinz.

You should be able to unzip the file to your Custom Scenery folder to let it merge with the current "Aerosoft - EHAM Airport Amsterdam"-folder and it will place all files where they belong. If you renamed the EHAM-folder, you'll need to merge it yourself.

Aerosoft - EHAM Airport Amsterdam.zip

Archived