A330 Spoilers / Speedbrakes VERY SLOW at deploying

UponAvalanche

Hi all,

Apologies if this has already been asked / answered however I couldn't find any similar topic.

My issue with the A330 (and only issue, it's amazing otherwise) is that the speedbrakes / spoilers are INCREDIBLY SLOW at deploying. For example, when touching down and the speedbrakes auto deploy it takes around 6 seconds for them to get fully out. The same in the air, where if I deploy full speedbrakes to try and lose 30-40 knots of airspeed in descent they take forever to deploy and almost makes them feel pointless. On a landing by the time 6 seconds has passed I've already slowed enough that they become almost pointless having out anymore.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I'm not sure if it's just an issue on my end. I have also tried reinstalling the A330 to no success.

Hi,

any chance you are able to record a video of this?
I always felt they're deploying at a normal rate, in fact when pulling my speed brake to slow down in level flight the trend vector is there almost immediately.

Hi Mathijs and Emanuel,

I've created two videos demonstrating my issue, one on the ground and one airborne.

For reference, I'm using version 1.0.0.8.

Ground: 

Airborne: 

Thanks, I'm able to recreate this behaviour. Just to confirm, it is only the animation, the effect of the speedbrake is there immediately, is it?

Hi Emanual,

I can't completely tell if i'm getting the full effect of the speedbrakes immediately or if it's coming on slowly over time with the animation (perhaps that's just me thinking it because of what i'm visually seeing). I've just tested again now whilst flying on the flight deck without looking over the wing and yes, it does feel like the effect is quicker than the animation.

Thanks, that's the same we found as well then.

The speed of the animation is actually correct according to the Airbus manuals (max 10 degree per second).
Adjusting the flight model to match the animation is unfortunately almost impossible with the P3D limitations without braking other stuff, so I am afraid that will have to be postponed for the Microsoft Flight Simulator version.

3 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Thanks, that's the same we found as well then.

The speed of the animation is actually correct according to the Airbus manuals (max 10 degree per second).
Adjusting the flight model to match the animation is unfortunately almost impossible with the P3D limitations without braking other stuff, so I am afraid that will have to be postponed for the Microsoft Flight Simulator version.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. Glad to know that it still works correctly even if the animation does appear slow, and that it's only a visual thing. Thanks for the help Emanuel.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived