Fumes in XP11

pmb

Hello,

I use a hardware panel and only have scenery on display. Flying the C172, I have an extended blurry range on the bottom which I suppose comes from fumes produced by the engine. (It's even more disturbing - as flickering - in reality than on the static shot.) These can't be seen from inside the 3D cockpit but are disturbing for my full-screen scenery usage case. Is there any possibility to switch them off?

This is XP11.50 beta using Vulcan (which shouldn't matter, but who knows).

Thanks for an hint, Michael

Please login to display this image.

• Administrator

Hello Michael,

I think this is an effect from the rotating prop "shadows".

But I would file this as a 11.50b1 bug to Laminar Research.

With XP11.41 this effect is not visible here... I have tested it with XP11.41 too :)

BugReporter:

http://dev.x-plane.com/support/bugreport.html

Greets Heinz

Thanks,

yes I don't recall having seen this issue in previous versions indeed, and I always use this same setup. I never filed an XP bug report before but I'll do now

Kind regards, Michael

• Administrator

:) ok...

Keep in mind: A bug report is only a "Report" to Laminar.

They will not answer to any Bug Report. 

But I know all Bug Reports are saved and in the pipeline for fixing it in one of the next updates...

So if you are sure this is a bug (and I think it is!) then it is important to file this to Laminar Research.

Greets Heinz

Archived