April's Screenshot Contest - HorsePower

• Deputy Sheriffs

April is here and there is so much now going on in the world, that one has to wonder what will be next.  Let's do the best to keep the vibes positive amidst everything.  I was going to make this a "Anything Goes" theme but then though NAH....hopefully we should have some down time to for some extra flight simming so let's try -"HorsePower".

This one should be fairly straight forward, but as always we love to see creativity and different angles.  Show us what powerplant(s)drive for favorite aircraft.

Airbus A330

Please login to display this image.

Cessna 406

GA

Twotter - Prat & Whitneys

Maddog

I would sincerely like to thank all who expressed their condolences for the recent passing of my mom, really appreciate you.

As Always   - All participants are ONLY allowed 1 image if you post more than one - ONLY the first entry will be judged and the others deleted.

Users are allowed to change their posted image up until the time frame allowing you to do so expires.  If you fail to post an image based on the theme of the month, it is very likely that the image will not be considered during "judgment day".

This a multi-sim platform for your images as we also welcome X-Plane, DCS, Infinite Flight and even AeroFly images.

Good luck to all participants.

Cheers

I can fit this Maule aircraft into this MONSTER ENGINE GE90 engine or can you calculate how many propellers of this Maule plane would it take to equal 115,000 lb of horsepower thrust of single GE90 engine?

Very good pictures alltogether.

Aharon, interesting comparison 🙂

But I think this calculation is not necessary to find out that the Maule will be much quicker in the air than the fastest airliner 😉

Even a Concorde has no chance against this STOL aircraft.

If I would have the choice in real life between a big airliner and a Maule I would take the Lancair Legacy https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/flight-simulator-x/aircraft/1772/realair-legacy?number=AS12743 😉

The Epic E1000 is the fastest single-engine turboprop on the market. The engine is a 1200 HP Pratt & Whitney PT6A-67A.

@Kroswynd You've named the theme Horse Power. So you don't mind animals in the competition screenshots? 😉

@ all: I see clearly that I don't have any chance against Aharon's wonderful comparison between 777 and M-7.
Genious choice in types (T7 vs M7 🙂 ) and colours (white, red, silver)!

So not to win, only to take part, I want to give another interesting and useful FSX default bird the chance to be seen in the famous and honorable Aerosoft Screenshot Competition:

Beaver meets the canaries  - Gomera

P.S.: Sorry, I can't hide that I like this detailed engine and the weathering of the floats very much. And the fuselage looks like painted and painted over and over again. Very realistic 🙂

Happy Easter and stay sane!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/29/2020 at 7:52 AM, edetroit said:

Kilo Papa about to blow dry the runway with her rare PW JT9D-70A engines. 

How many times have I said no real images allowed....LOL

Congratulations Capt. Picasso on winning the April Screenshot competition.  A lot going on:  Full flaps, wet runway with a slight edit bringing the shot to life.  With the engines in reverse the misting from the wet runway gives a sense of speed as you try to slow this beast down. 

Email to follow shortly

11 hours ago, kroswynd said:

How many times have I said no real images allowed....LOL

Congratulations Capt. Picasso on winning the April Screenshot competition.  A lot going on:  Full flaps, wet runway with a slight edit bringing the shot to life.  With the engines in reverse the misting from the wet runway gives a sense of speed as you try to slow this beast down. 

Email to follow shortly

Wonderful thank you! I am so happy Kilo Papa won a competition. I went to great pains to paint each and every one of her engines individually.....well I say paint I mean photograph. Yes there was a bit of editing on the ground but the aircraft is all FS9...which we all know...is as real as it gets!  

• kroswynd unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Archived