"Bad Format" Radio Alt.

Dreamflight767

I'll have to double check, but I believe the Radio Altimeter doesn't work above 2500ft, AND the 2574ft is for Decision Altitude (DA) which is also Barometric Pressure, not the Decision Height (DH) which is used for the Radio Altimeter entry.  The Decision Height (Radio Altimeter) for that approach is 404ft.

That should solve this for you my friend.  Keep in mind the difference between DA and DH when looking at Approach Plates!

Best wishes.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'll have to double check, but I believe the Radio Altimeter doesn't work above 2500ft, AND the 2574ft is for Decision Altitude (DA) which is also Barometric Pressure, not the Decision Height (DH) which is used for the Radio Altimeter entry.  The Decision Height (Radio Altimeter) for that approach is 404ft.

That should solve this for you my friend.  Keep in mind the difference between DA and DH when looking at Approach Plates!

Best wishes.

Ahhh...OK.  Got it.  Thanks for the tutorial!

Can you please "lock" this topic?

Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Ahhh...OK.  Got it.  Thanks for the tutorial!

Can you please "lock" this topic?

Thanks.

Happy to my friend.

Best wishes!

Archived