A/C Sound A320 series

Flyboyaz

I'm struggling to figure this out, hoping someone can help. I've been working for an airline for almost 20 years, working with the A320 series mostly. THE most distinctive sound on that airplane is the sound of the air conditioning while parked at the gate. If you hear it, there's no question it's an Airbus!

I noticed after buying the Pro version here, that I never hear that sound. I watch a lot of aviation P3D videos and low and behold, I heard it on the FSLabs model. So after digging around, I found the sounds I was looking for on the AS Pro...listed in the ASC folder as AirConX....I played them on media player and voila, those are the sounds! Question is why can I never hear them? All I can hear is the APU sound. :(

Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Flyboyaz said:

I'm struggling to figure this out, hoping someone can help. I've been working for an airline for almost 20 years, working with the A320 series mostly. THE most distinctive sound on that airplane is the sound of the air conditioning while parked at the gate. If you hear it, there's no question it's an Airbus!

I noticed after buying the Pro version here, that I never hear that sound. I watch a lot of aviation P3D videos and low and behold, I heard it on the FSLabs model. So after digging around, I found the sounds I was looking for on the AS Pro...listed in the ASC folder as AirConX....I played them on media player and voila, those are the sounds! Question is why can I never hear them? All I can hear is the APU sound. :(

Thank you!

When you updated to P3Dv4.5HF2, did you update only the P3D Client or did you update all three components?

Just a quick question my friend, are you talking about the sound you here on the flight deck (with the door closed, which makes a difference) or other location aboard the aircraft?

6 minutes ago, Flyboyaz said:

It's loud, you can hear it everywhere...outside...in the jetway and inside the plane. 

Understand, my former aircraft was a Lockheed P-3C and I'm willing to bet it was even louder given all the systems we had!  But I'm still trying to understand the location where you want to hear the Air Conditioning sound... flight deck, externally?  Where (from what location) is the sound missing?

haha, I can imagine! :). Yes outside basically. You should be able to hear it on all the outside views. I just don't understand why the sound files are there but I can't hear them? 

25 minutes ago, Flyboyaz said:

haha, I can imagine! :). Yes outside basically. You should be able to hear it on all the outside views. I just don't understand why the sound files are there but I can't hear them? 

Well, that would have to do with the sound configuration files -- where you specify what sounds are called and their volume, among other things.  Not sure about P3D, but if the P3D SDK is anything like the FSX SDK, there is a "sounds sdk" which details the config file and what you can do as to stereo effects and so forth.  If that sound needs referencing or tweaking I'd probably let Aerosoft do it though, before I took a shot at it myself.

Thank you for your insight as to the air conditioning sound.  Some of us don't get to hear those sounds in real life as often as you do.   I flew on a Delta A319 a few months ago from KSTL to KSLC, but I was so busy getting myself on the plane, I did not pay attention to the sounds I heard.

@DaveCT2003 I didn't know you flew on a P3C.  I bet that fuselage was jammed full of machinery, computers, and instruments!  I bet it was louder than an Airbus a/c system too!

Yes and I know nothing about doing sound files unfortunately.  I guess I could probably replace the file and rename it. 

I love these planes, in particular the IAE variants. Music to my ears. :)

I found the sound I was referring to in a video that Hugo did. You can hear it in the background, right after the intro at timestamp 00:22 I guess it's part of the APU sound, though the high pitched A/C sound is the most prominent over the normal APU exhaust sound.  

Archived