Jump to content
dipperdolphin

EGLL and EGCC - how to get gates docking?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

I have both the above scenery. When I spawn in or land at the two airports, I can never get the gates docked to me. How can I fix this?

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heathrow needs AutoGate installed for the jetways to work, Manchester uses SAM so please install latest SAM plugin to get the jetways working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FlyAgi said:

Heathrow needs AutoGate installed for the jetways to work, Manchester uses SAM so please install latest SAM plugin to get the jetways working.

I have autogate installed. The gate docking system works fine, the gates do not dock to the aircraft.

 

Also how can I get it working for BIKF?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe your aircraft is incompatible? Also with AutoGate there is something about doors configuration, if the aircraft is not equipped accordingly it will not work. Does it work with the default 737?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

Maybe your aircraft is incompatible? Also with AutoGate there is something about doors configuration, if the aircraft is not equipped accordingly it will not work. Does it work with the default 737?

I managed to get the 767 docked at EGCC, however not at EGLL or LIRF. I will check now with the default 737.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spawned in at LIRF with the 767, and the gate docked. However when I landed there, it would not dock with engines and beacon off 😕

 

Checking Heathrow now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EGLL did not work.

 

EGCC fully works, gates dock to me.

 

I am using the World Jetways plugin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to hijack this thread, but having major issues with the Aerosoft EGCC gates. They always go through my airplane! Latest version of SAM is installed (free version). It does this for any plane, the Zibo, FF767, all my planes. Happens at any parking spot and anywhere on the yellow line.

 

How do I fix this?

 

 

jw1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 4 Stunden , pilot2fly sagte:

Not trying to hijack this thread, but having major issues with the Aerosoft EGCC gates. They always go through my airplane! Latest version of SAM is installed (free version). It does this for any plane, the Zibo, FF767, all my planes. Happens at any parking spot and anywhere on the yellow line.

 

How do I fix this?

 

Wait for an official patch. It's already in the work :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 7 Stunden , pilot2fly sagte:

Not trying to hijack this thread, but having major issues with the Aerosoft EGCC gates. They always go through my airplane! Latest version of SAM is installed (free version). It does this for any plane, the Zibo, FF767, all my planes. Happens at any parking spot and anywhere on the yellow line.

 

How do I fix this?

 

 

I have to correct myself :D It was caused because of the initial installation of the scenery. After first X-Plane load simply close it and restart again. Then it will work correctly. That happens on initial install ONLY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 14 Stunden , dipperdolphin sagte:

I am using the World Jetways plugin.

 

Neither EGCC nor EGLL are responding to the World Jetways extension. Once again, World Jetways is just updating standard airports, it does not affect most addon sceneries. AddOns usually come with their own custom gate objects and have to be designed to work with SAM or AutoGate out of the box and this is true for most modern sceneries which will work without SAM World Jetways but either need the SAM plugin or the AutoGate plugin to get the jetways moving.

 

Further, if a scenery requires AutoGate it won't respond to the SAM plugin, in this case you have to install the AutoGate plugin in addition.

 

 

vor 4 Stunden , dipperdolphin sagte:

Is there anyway I can transfer the EGCC gates to EGLL, as EGCC works fine.

 

In theory you could do that but it's easier to install the AutoGate plugin. Reworking the EGLL gates is not just simple copy and paste, you would have to configure every single position in the authoring tool to make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Marten said:

 

I have to correct myself :D It was caused because of the initial installation of the scenery. After first X-Plane load simply close it and restart again. Then it will work correctly. That happens on initial install ONLY.

I have the same problem, the jetway is going through the aircraft. Restarting the game did not work. I have tried multiple gates and they all do the same. The plane I use is compatible with SAM, and I have the latest version of SAM and the airport.

What can I do to fix this? This is on Aerosoft's Manchester airport

 

EDIT: I fixed it by using the SAM download that was given with the Aerosoft airport download. I thought it was the same as the SAM I had installed, but apparently not. The gates connect now!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Marten said:

 

I have to correct myself :D It was caused because of the initial installation of the scenery. After first X-Plane load simply close it and restart again. Then it will work correctly. That happens on initial install ONLY.

 

That did not fix it. I've reloaded the sim multiple times, and I still have the same issue with the gates going right through any aircraft I use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EDIT: Holy goodness kempie's fix worked for me too. I installed the included SAM file and it works now! Thanks guys!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

 

Neither EGCC nor EGLL are responding to the World Jetways extension. Once again, World Jetways is just updating standard airports, it does not affect most addon sceneries. AddOns usually come with their own custom gate objects and have to be designed to work with SAM or AutoGate out of the box and this is true for most modern sceneries which will work without SAM World Jetways but either need the SAM plugin or the AutoGate plugin to get the jetways moving.

 

Further, if a scenery requires AutoGate it won't respond to the SAM plugin, in this case you have to install the AutoGate plugin in addition.

 

 

 

In theory you could do that but it's easier to install the AutoGate plugin. Reworking the EGLL gates is not just simple copy and paste, you would have to configure every single position in the authoring tool to make it work.

I already have Autogate installed. The docking tool works fine, shows me where to park - but the jetways do not move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...