EGLL and EGCC - how to get gates docking?

1 hour ago, FlyAgi said:

Heathrow needs AutoGate installed for the jetways to work, Manchester uses SAM so please install latest SAM plugin to get the jetways working.

I have autogate installed. The gate docking system works fine, the gates do not dock to the aircraft.

Also how can I get it working for BIKF?

• Developer

Maybe your aircraft is incompatible? Also with AutoGate there is something about doors configuration, if the aircraft is not equipped accordingly it will not work. Does it work with the default 737?

38 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

Maybe your aircraft is incompatible? Also with AutoGate there is something about doors configuration, if the aircraft is not equipped accordingly it will not work. Does it work with the default 737?

I managed to get the 767 docked at EGCC, however not at EGLL or LIRF. I will check now with the default 737.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but having major issues with the Aerosoft EGCC gates. They always go through my airplane! Latest version of SAM is installed (free version). It does this for any plane, the Zibo, FF767, all my planes. Happens at any parking spot and anywhere on the yellow line.

How do I fix this?

Please login to display this image.

vor 4 Stunden , pilot2fly sagte:

Not trying to hijack this thread, but having major issues with the Aerosoft EGCC gates. They always go through my airplane! Latest version of SAM is installed (free version). It does this for any plane, the Zibo, FF767, all my planes. Happens at any parking spot and anywhere on the yellow line.

How do I fix this?

Wait for an official patch. It's already in the work :)

vor 7 Stunden , pilot2fly sagte:

How do I fix this?

I have to correct myself :D It was caused because of the initial installation of the scenery. After first X-Plane load simply close it and restart again. Then it will work correctly. That happens on initial install ONLY.

• Developer
vor 14 Stunden , dipperdolphin sagte:

I am using the World Jetways plugin.

Neither EGCC nor EGLL are responding to the World Jetways extension. Once again, World Jetways is just updating standard airports, it does not affect most addon sceneries. AddOns usually come with their own custom gate objects and have to be designed to work with SAM or AutoGate out of the box and this is true for most modern sceneries which will work without SAM World Jetways but either need the SAM plugin or the AutoGate plugin to get the jetways moving.

Further, if a scenery requires AutoGate it won't respond to the SAM plugin, in this case you have to install the AutoGate plugin in addition.

vor 4 Stunden , dipperdolphin sagte:

Is there anyway I can transfer the EGCC gates to EGLL, as EGCC works fine.

In theory you could do that but it's easier to install the AutoGate plugin. Reworking the EGLL gates is not just simple copy and paste, you would have to configure every single position in the authoring tool to make it work.

5 hours ago, Marten said:

I have to correct myself :D It was caused because of the initial installation of the scenery. After first X-Plane load simply close it and restart again. Then it will work correctly. That happens on initial install ONLY.

I have the same problem, the jetway is going through the aircraft. Restarting the game did not work. I have tried multiple gates and they all do the same. The plane I use is compatible with SAM, and I have the latest version of SAM and the airport.

What can I do to fix this? This is on Aerosoft's Manchester airport

EDIT: I fixed it by using the SAM download that was given with the Aerosoft airport download. I thought it was the same as the SAM I had installed, but apparently not. The gates connect now!

8 hours ago, Marten said:

That did not fix it. I've reloaded the sim multiple times, and I still have the same issue with the gates going right through any aircraft I use.

3 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

Neither EGCC nor EGLL are responding to the World Jetways extension. Once again, World Jetways is just updating standard airports, it does not affect most addon sceneries. AddOns usually come with their own custom gate objects and have to be designed to work with SAM or AutoGate out of the box and this is true for most modern sceneries which will work without SAM World Jetways but either need the SAM plugin or the AutoGate plugin to get the jetways moving.

Further, if a scenery requires AutoGate it won't respond to the SAM plugin, in this case you have to install the AutoGate plugin in addition.

In theory you could do that but it's easier to install the AutoGate plugin. Reworking the EGLL gates is not just simple copy and paste, you would have to configure every single position in the authoring tool to make it work.

I already have Autogate installed. The docking tool works fine, shows me where to park - but the jetways do not move.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived