FLEX functionality

Sharkbait

Previous topic was locked, questions remained.

This product still states that FLEX is a feature for the P3D version. Purchasing I believed that this was correctly implemented, as stated by the product description.

FLEX functionality is an extremely realistic feature to airline operations.

I don't want to be that annoying guy, but can we please have some clarity as to whether the product will include it for the P3D version? Or perhaps, look to remove it from the feature list of the product, if it is not going to be supported for the P3D version at all.

Personally, knowing this feature was not going to be included would have most likely altered my purchase decision.

I'd like to add a question about this. Do I understand right, that there will be no bugfixing anymore for the P3D version, with the new sim not even released?

On 30.3.2020 at 12:41, Mathijs Kok sagte:

I will have that removed from the feature list until it is better modeled.

Does that solve the problem for the user who bought the product already?

I really like the look of aerosofts aircraft and own a lot of great AS products, but I'd wish you were putting more effort into systems needed for daily operation instead of simulation coffea cups....

53 minutes ago, Qseries said:

I'd like to add a question about this. Do I understand right, that there will be no bugfixing anymore for the P3D version, with the new sim not even released?

No, you do not understand this right. There will be more fixes coming and for sure the last version for P3D will be a stable one and not an experimental one.

However at the moment only vital fixes are done.

Despite absolutely agreeing with you from a real life operations perspective it is also a fact that almost no customer noticed this problem.
I didn't know about it myself until reading this very thread, despite flying some 200 hours in the A330 until now.

Thus from a commercial perspective this one is simply not as important. I know you'll say otherwise. If I were a customer I'd agree with you.

Seeing the big picture about P3D and upcoming simulators though there is currently more important stuff to be fixed, unless the flex temp is really a small fix which could be squeezed in at some point. We'll try that, but if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

11 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Seeing the big picture about P3D and upcoming simulators though there is currently more important stuff to be fixed, unless the flex temp is really a small fix which could be squeezed in at some point. We'll try that, but if it doesn't work then it doesn't work.

Hi Emanuel,

I respectfully disagree with your organization on this point.  I'm not trying to be difficult here, but the fact is I would not have purchased the A330 without the FLEX function.  You are incorrect that no one noticed this issue; a few of us did.  You are correct in saying that the aircraft has other issues as well - but that should not excuse the responsibility of providing the advertised feature of a FLEX function.

Removing promoted features after the sale has been made is unethical.  It is also unlawful - but that's besides the point, as I'm certain Aerosoft is an entirely ethical enterprise.

I'm sorry that's a bit heavy-handed, but I would fairly submit to you that you should provide a pathway to refunding those who feel strongly about the lack of the advertised FLEX function.  And also in fairness, you should state clearly whether you intend to implement the feature or not - it's not fair to leave it unanswered (re: "unless the flex temp is really a small fix which could be squeezed in at some point. We'll try that, but if it doesn't work then it doesn't work")

Once again, sorry to seem harsh, but as a customer I feel I have a right to express how I feel.  I'm sure Aerosoft appreciates honesty from its customers (I encourage the customers of my organization to do the same)

Yours respectfully,

Daniel

Daniel, I fully understand you are not happy with this, I really do. You have every right to say how you feel and we apprechiate it. We answer just as open and honestly. I explained you the process of why the issue is treated as it is. That's really all I can do.

I did not say no customer noticed, I said almost none.

If you enter "flex" into the search function and make it search the Airbus forum exclusively then you'll find just three or four topics where the word flex is even mentioned.

That's three out of tens of thousands. That shows how important this is to customers.

I can not promise a fix right now (as said, under investigation, if it's a small fix it might get fixed), what I can promise is that if this is not an easy fix it will be taken into account when determining the upgrade price from the P3D version to the MSFS version.

Good news Daniel, the developer looked into it and at a first glace it seems to be an easy fix.

We're giving it a try, unless something major comes up correct flex settings should be in the next update.

3 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Good news Daniel, the developer looked into it and at a first glace it seems to be an easy fix.

We're giving it a try, unless something major comes up correct flex settings should be in the next update.

Hi Emanuel,

That's wonderful news - many thanks for looking into this during what is no doubt a very busy time for you and your team.

I'll look forward eagerly to the next update.

Yours appreciatively,

Daniel.

18 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

f you enter "flex" into the search function and make it search the Airbus forum exclusively then you'll find just three or four topics where the word flex is even mentioned.

That's three out of tens of thousands. That shows how important this is to customers.

Whilst I agree it wasn't reported much, that's most likely because everything looks like it's working correctly. You get given a FLEX temperature based on your inputs, and everything appears to be functioning correctly. The first time I noticed was when I was flying a short leg, with low fuel and a small payload, and it took off like a rocket - I thought that was a bit odd. I've also pushed my throttle beyond the FLEX detent and saw TOGA thrust settings, but no increase in engine output. So to the eyes of those not deliberately looking for it, yes, it probably wouldn't be reported.

16 hours ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Either way, this is good news!

4 hours ago, Sharkbait said:

Whilst I agree it wasn't reported much, that's most likely because everything looks like it's working correctly. You get given a FLEX temperature based on your inputs, and everything appears to be functioning correctly. The first time I noticed was when I was flying a short leg, with low fuel and a small payload, and it took off like a rocket - I thought that was a bit odd. I've also pushed my throttle beyond the FLEX detent and saw TOGA thrust settings, but no increase in engine output. So to the eyes of those not deliberately looking for it, yes, it probably wouldn't be reported.

You're absolutely right here. That's probably exactly the reason why it never really got noticed. Unless someone sits down with an actual Airbus takeoff performance calculator and crosschecks the numbers it was pretty much impossible to notice this issue. Since there is no such calculator available for the community (I only know TPC which is a nice tool, but which does not compute exact thrust outputs) there was basically no way for customers to notice. That's how it must have slipped through the beta team as well.

Anyway, it turned out to be a simple fix which is undergoing testing right now. Unless something major comes up (which I honestly don't think will happen right now... but you never know!) we'll have flex included in the next update.

Archived