HTKJ Kilimanjaro night light

gpxe

Hello all !

Missing your night ligths at HTKJ Kilimanjaro ? The solution is SO easy. Nothing to do with a "P3D glitch" or whatsoever.

For whatever reason, the installer installs simobjects required by SODE to inject the lights at night in the wrong folder, actually in your sim root under ../Simobjects/Misc/HTKJ.

SODE, since version 1.3 (December 2015 !), uses its own simobjects folder under PorgramData/12bpilot/SODE/SimObjects. Just move the HTKJ folder in that folder.

Last modification : you have to amend the HTKJ_L.xml file in ProgramData/12bpilot/SODE/xml. The first SimObject has to read exactly like this :

<SimObject Name="HTKJ_EDP">
        <Placement Lat="-3.418987" Lon="37.0767355" Alt="310" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Environmental_Data_Probe">
            <EnvironmentalDataProbe ClientList="HTKJ_L;HTKJ_Spl;HTKJ_SplN"/>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

The model sim title as set by the installer is wrong, and they forgot one client in the client list! Aerosoft, please amend your installer !

You may have similar problems in other products (ENBR Bergen, ENGM Oslo....)

Enjoy !

@Quint van den Hazel

@mopperle

This has been reported and disucssed in the "SODE issues" thread but not with a complete detailed approach (information in different parts of the VERY long thread) and it was missing the clients point.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:24 PM, gpxe said:

Hello all !

Missing your night ligths at HTKJ Kilimanjaro ? The solution is SO easy. Nothing to do with a "P3D glitch" or whatsoever.

For whatever reason, the installer installs simobjects required by SODE to inject the lights at night in the wrong folder, actually in your sim root under ../Simobjects/Misc/HTKJ.

SODE, since version 1.3 (December 2015 !), uses its own simobjects folder under PorgramData/12bpilot/SODE/SimObjects. Just move the HTKJ folder in that folder.

Последнее изменение : вы должны внести изменения в HTKJ_L.xml файл в формате ProgramData / 12bpilot/SODE / xml. Первый SimObject должен читать именно так:

<SimObject Name= "HTKJ_EDP" >><SimObject Name= "HTKJ_EDP">
        <Placement Lat="-3.418987" Lon="37.0767355" Alt="310" Hdg="0.0"/>
        <Model SimTitle="12bPilot_SODE_Environmental_Data_Probe">
            <EnvironmentalDataProbe ClientList="HTKJ_L;HTKJ_Spl;HTKJ_SplN"/>
        </Model>
    </SimObject>

The model sim title as set by the installer is wrong, and they forgot one client in the client list! Aerosoft, please amend your installer !

You may have similar problems in other products (ENBR Bergen, ENGM Oslo....)

Enjoy !

@Quint van den Hazel

@mopperle

Hello

It is clear that the installer is installing the SODE objects in the wrong folder. We must move it immediately. But you say make changes to the file HTKJ_L.xml. It's easy. But where do I get this HTKJ_EDP object? It is not in the folder and the installer does not install it.

With respect,

Andrew

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just to mention.

It doesn’t matter where the simobjects are saved, as long as the folder is registered in the simobjects.cfg

All the sceneries from Jo Erlend save their simobjects also in the default 

simobjects/misc folder.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:24 PM, gpxe said:

Last modification : you have to amend the HTKJ_L.xml file in ProgramData/12bpilot/SODE/xml. The first SimObject has to read exactly like this :

after that we will have the right lighting?

Well, while Aerosoft is thinking, I just opened the ADE and added the dynamic light and strip lighting itself. It is a pity that Aerosoft produces such a crude product, although the installer says that for P3Dv4. SODE folders can now be deleted altogether, they are no longer needed.

Please login to display this image.

23 minutes ago, dron960 said:

Well, while Aerosoft is thinking

they don’t think, they already answer earlier: the product is very old and they can do nothing with it)))

23 minutes ago, dron960 said:

ADE and added the dynamic light and strip lighting itself

share please:)

• Aerosoft

Dron, if you believe things are so easy I gladly offer you a job. There is also the small matter of documentation, testing on 4 platforms, making the installer, testing those, updating 12 shops etc etc. And all of that with all our staff working from home. Limited access to servers etc etc.

Now I am sure that for you all these things would not be any problem, easy peasy. In reality this is one more job on the stack. A job that for you clearly is pretty important, but to be honest for us has a low priority.  Also note that before we released this product I spoke to the airport manager and he told me the airport had at that time NO functional lighting of any kind except for the platform.  Even at this moment the airport is listed as M-F 0430-1400Z which means it is ONLY operational in daylight hours. 

Mathijs, I understand that you have new projects. There are just not many good airports in Africa, I did it for myself and shared it with others. I hope that Aerosoft is not offended with me.

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

and he told me the airport had at that time NO functional lighting of any kind except for the platform.  Even at this moment the airport is listed as M-F 0430-1400Z which means it is ONLY operational in daylight hours. 

yes, it's probably outdated information, currently has a runway lighting system: High intensity runway lights (HIRL) and take-off is permitted with RL(runway lights) work or day only.

as for peron, if you look at real photos from google, night lighting is also available:

HTKJ google reviews

Please login to display this image.

If you google for HTKJ charts you'll find some from 2010ish and you'll see that the airport did not have any such lights at that time.

True, it has a more lights now. But it also has a larger apron, more taxiways, etc.

Our addon was developed in 2015 and matches the airport as it was back then.

7 minutes ago, Emanuel Hagen said:

Our addon was developed in 2015 and matches the airport as it was back then.

we already understood it, it remains to understand if the lights are now? but based on the information that I have provided above now it’s obvious that there is a lot of light;)

If the airport corresponds to the state of 2015, then just say a big thank you to Aerosoft for a good scenario. A little tweaked, but I hope they don't mind. I know that very few people fly to Africa. But there is too much Europe. Vienna-2 PCs., Palma de Mallorca-2 PCs., Geneva-2 PCs., Madrid-2 PCs. )))))))

• Aerosoft

I had a phone conversation with my contact there. No matter what the charts say, at this moment there are only platform lights that work.  I promise that if we re-open this project I will call him again to make sure we try to model the airport as it is at that time. 

Guys, the initial project by the developper HAD runway and appron ligths, in the form of SODE object injected in the sim at night through Simconnect. You just have to move these objects in the programdata/12bpilot/sode folder.... The solution with dynamic light is elegant as well.... Mathijs, instead of packaging a full installer again, you may propose a short workaround .... happy to help ... I have time those days ...

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, radeon29 said:

what happens if we use this file?

It just contains the edits gpxe has mentioned. So at the end it should bring some runway lights. But what I received was not very bright.

For Dynamic lights I recommend iniBuilds:

https://www.inibuilds.com/dl-tanzania

They offer a lot more around the globe. But you need also their Lights Library.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/8/2020 at 7:17 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

I had a phone conversation with my contact there. No matter what the charts say, at this moment there are only platform lights that work.  I promise that if we re-open this project I will call him again to make sure we try to model the airport as it is at that time. 

Archived