Too dark VC textures

Dear colleagues, maybe I'm a little off topic, please forgive me. If anything, they'll reschedule it. How can I order a lighter cockpit for the A330? You stand even during the day, you have to turn on the light, it's inconvenient.

With respect.

Andrey.

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, I do not understand what problem you have. maybe you should check your overall PC/Sim setup. There is definitely no need for brighter (I guess thats what you mean with "lighter") textures.

Please login to display this image.

IMHO Aerosoft should really offer an option for the VC with the shadermods nearly everyone is using? I really don't know anyone who is using P3D without Tomato or Envshade or PTA these days - I mean not using them decreases the graphics quality so much that it's not an option anymore. EVERY other plane on the market works fine with those addons which are really standard today.

18 hours ago, Qseries said:

IMHO Aerosoft should really offer an option for the VC with the shadermods nearly everyone is using? I really don't know anyone who is using P3D without Tomato or Envshade or PTA these days - I mean not using them decreases the graphics quality so much that it's not an option anymore. EVERY other plane on the market works fine with those addons which are really standard today.

The problem is, there is no "shader mod nearly everyone is using". There are at LEAST 5 different ones.

PTA: Ultra Realism Preset, Matt Davis Preset, ND Preset, (there is a fourth which name I don't recall right now)

Tomato: Ultra Realism Preset, several others

REX Environment Force: Dynamic shading (which always looks different), etc.

Aerosoft would have to create different textures for every single one of them. Creating one set of textures takes about three months.

You can imagine how expensive that would get.

I understand that, but as all these shader mods share the same problem - too dark VC with the AS A330 - I'd assume that I'd could be fixed the same way for alle those shader mods. If you'd deliver one set of brighter Textures, it most probably would make the VC brighter with every shader mod.

Another option would be to publish an "aerosoft-shade" which you could control and make your products compatible with. Nearly everything looks better than default P3D shaders, because those are missing a lot of scattering effects etc.

• 1 month later...

This is the dark view I get in the A330 VC cockpit without using any shader or stuff like that! Additionally I didn´t change any light settings in P3Dv4.5. Its just the dark thing after installing. 

On 5/11/2020 at 8:52 AM, Manfred Tamminga said:

This is the dark view I get in the A330 VC cockpit without using any shader or stuff like that! Additionally I didn´t change any light settings in P3Dv4.5. Its just the dark thing after installing. 

Your whole simulator looks like you're wearing very, very strong sunglasses. The Airbus just fits into the image, doesn't it?

Go outside, climb up a tower, a hill or something and have a look across the landscape. Is it as dark as your sim? It most certainly isn't.

So no surprise the Airbus is much darker than it should be as well if your whole simulator is.

Archived