Ability to enter ZFW instead of passengers and cargo weights

GrantCrackers18

Many flight plan software give you a Zero Fuel weight to determine the passengers/cargo on board. Can we have this option on the EFB instead of having to figure out the number of passengers and split the weight of the forward and aft cargo holds?

• Developer

I know... The UI part of it is done but the implementation is a lot more complex. The payload part of the ZFW needs to be split into several payload stations and be distributed in a way that keeps the Center of Gravity in range. I wish you could just slap a ZFW on the aircraft and everything else if magically OK 🙂

6 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

I know... The UI part of it is done but the implementation is a lot more complex. The payload part of the ZFW needs to be split into several payload stations and be distributed in a way that keeps the Center of Gravity in range. I wish you could just slap a ZFW on the aircraft and everything else if magically OK 🙂

I bet the airlines wish they could too haha. Thanks Hans - looking forward to it

Archived