Black Screen on EFB

RichWalls

I updated both the A319 and A320 to 1.3.0.5 from a version prior to 1.3 and now I have the EFB but the screen is black and I can't access it. I don't have the A330 but in \Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX EFB there a folder for the A330 (nothing for A319 or A320).

My first question: is the A330 required in order to use the EFB on the A319/A320? If not any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks ... Richard

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

No, not needed.

The image you show is very strange as whole parts of the modeling and texturing seems to be missing. Something went very wrong with that update. I suggest removing the busses (manually delete the remaining folders), reinstall and update.

I had the same issue. This helped me:

Deinstalling the Bus, switching off any virus detection and reinstalling 1303 as ADMIN(!). Then I made the update to 1305 via AS Updater immediately before even starting the first time P3D. Since then it works. Pretty cool to have the EFB now on the A320. Gives a much more professional sense. Thanks a lot Aerosoft for that update.

Hello

Still completely black here aftre a complete uninstall/reinstall ! Aerosoft, can you help please ?

Don't see a real modeling problem, as the model is just one mdl file so you would miss th whole VC! It's more a texture / gauge problem....

OK so last install packages I had downloaded from SimMarket were v1.3.0.0. From that point, the updater allowed me to upgrade to 1.3.0.5.

I decided to uninstall everything, and I went back to SimMarket in serach for the latest install packages. I got a v1.3.0.3.

I can confirm I now have the EFB on board, but I'm still missing the printer.

On another matter, the A/P & A/T are very violent in this version ...

Thanks

Printer seems to be working now ... Let's see if this behaviour is consistent in time...

From what I have observed, I would say that the problem was taht the Updater allowed upgrade from 1.3.0.0 directly to 1.3.0.5. Now that I have installed 1.3.0.3 from a complete new install package, things are pretty correct. Teh only point is that the Updater does not propose me to upgrade to 1.3.0.5 anymore ????

Regarding the A/T & A/P, could that be that the EFB adds another workload on CPU and so the calculations for A/P and A/T are more erratic ?

I really believe EFB should be optional.

Thanks

Hi,

Same issue here. Updated from 1.2.5.0 (?) to 1.3 using Aerosoft Updater while Antivirus was disabled. I now have a black EFB. Printer seems to be working. I will maybe give the Bus a full reinstall. But something seems to be wrong here, at least when using the updater.

• Deputy Sheriffs
30 minutes ago, Meyerflyer said:

Hi,

Same issue here. Updated from 1.2.5.0 (?) to 1.3 using Aerosoft Updater while Antivirus was disabled. I now have a black EFB. Printer seems to be working. I will maybe give the Bus a full reinstall. But something seems to be wrong here, at least when using the updater.

You should try what already 3 users in this topic had done to get it fixed:

-download the latest full installer, reinstall and update from there.

Reinstalling did indeed solve the problem. But that means there's a problem in the updater. The updater has no real benefit if I have to reinstall to get rid of updater issues.

I knew there was the solution via reinstallibg. Just wanted to make you aware that this issue has hit some customers and not just one or two. I doubt there is something wrong with the simulator.

How do I update to version 1.3.0.3 without updating all the way to 1.3.0.5 using the updater?

Just to clarify I purchased boxed version, I do have Aerosoft account but I cannot download from there, so stuck on how to update to 1.3.0.3.  currently its 1.2.1.0

Sorted, switched off expiremental updates

Any update on this? I am having the same issue after using the ASupdater. Tried several times now to uninstall and reinstall deleting all the files, restarting, virus protection off. Try a brand new install of p3d. Not sure what else to try!

• 1 month later...
On 21.4.2020 at 17:33, jmcmillan sagte:

Any update on this? I am having the same issue after using the ASupdater. Tried several times now to uninstall and reinstall deleting all the files, restarting, virus protection off. Try a brand new install of p3d. Not sure what else to try!

On 2.4.2020 at 13:29, Mats Möller sagte:

Good Day,

I have the same problem. Did you solve it and if so, how?

Sincerely

I had the same problem when I was (still) running p3dv4.4. After update to v4.5 the EFB showed some colours (but is not working either, see other posts).

Archived