Frankfurt northwest runway ILS

Hello,

You did a great job creating all 4 ILS systems around runway 07L/25R, two for each direction, but you did not set the AFX file properly to match the unique reason why Frankfurt has two ILS for 07L and another two for 25R.

The difference is in the glideslope angle, one ILS of each approach uses a 3.2º path while the other uses a standard 3.0º path. All four systems are using a 3.0º angle.

Please, take note of this to your next update.

Congrats for the scenery.

Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, Marcelo Monteiro said:

Hello,

You did a great job creating all 4 ILS systems around runway 07L/25R, two for each direction, but you did not set the AFX file properly to match the unique reason why Frankfurt has two ILS for 07L and another two for 25R.

The difference is in the glideslope angle, one ILS of each approach uses a 3.2º path while the other uses a standard 3.0º path. All four systems are using a 3.0º angle.

Please, take note of this to your next update.

Congrats for the scenery.

Regards,

Marcelo Monteiro

What addon version are you referring to?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thank you for the note, Marcelo. I took a look at the AFCAD (EDDF_AFX-OP07.BGL) using Airport Design Editor (ADE) and all four ILSes noted do show 3.0 degree glide path. It's an easy edit using ADE for the two with the too-shallow glide path, or we can wait for a developer or paid support to respond. With the press of product support requests as noted in the banner at the top of the page, that may be a while. I did the appropriate edits on mine, but won't have a chance to test fly the ILS Y for 07L or the ILS Y for 25R to see if the altitudes on the glide slope match the procedure altitudes until Monday PM at the earliest.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:53 PM, Marcelo Monteiro said:

All four systems are using a 3.0º angle.

This is normal,  papi 3.2 turn  on  by request:

Please login to display this image.

On 3/30/2020 at 2:44 AM, Herman said:

Thank you for the note, Marcelo. I took a look at the AFCAD (EDDF_AFX-OP07.BGL) using Airport Design Editor (ADE) and all four ILSes noted do show 3.0 degree glide path. It's an easy edit using ADE for the two with the too-shallow glide path, or we can wait for a developer or paid support to respond. With the press of product support requests as noted in the banner at the top of the page, that may be a while. I did the appropriate edits on mine, but won't have a chance to test fly the ILS Y for 07L or the ILS Y for 25R to see if the altitudes on the glide slope match the procedure altitudes until Monday PM at the earliest.

Yes, I did it here, mannualy correcting this file for me.

My point on this topic is to spread this fact so the developer can fix for everybody.

Best regards. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Marcelo Monteiro said:

I am not talking about PAPI at all

The fact is that this changes on request(as I said above) as well as the category ILS, eg 7L ILS Z or CAT 2\3 LOC IFEL PAPI and GS 3, and  7L ILS Y  LOC IFNE PAPI and GS 3.2.

2 hours ago, Marcelo Monteiro said:

developer can fix for everybody.

you  can do it yourself by creating a copy of AFCAD with other parameters for these runways, but still, if the developer adds the ability to switch this to the configurator, it will be even better.

1 hour ago, radeon29 said:

The fact is that this changes on request(as I said above) as well as the category ILS, eg 7L ILS Z or CAT 2\3 LOC IFEL PAPI and GS 3, and  7L ILS Y  LOC IFNE PAPI and GS 3.2.

you  can do it yourself by creating a copy of AFCAD with other parameters for these runways, but still, if the developer adds the ability to switch this to the configurator, it will be even better.

about PAPI: We are definitely talking about different things.

in real life: PAPI can and should change its path from 3.0º to 3.2º, I don't know if based on manual inputs from control tower workers into their computers, but it doesn't matter because...

... into the simulator: as far as I know, it's not possible to reproduce this feature (at least not via ADE), so the ADE file must be set to one or to another option, that's the reason why I am not talking about PAPI here, AT ALL

about ILS glide slope antennas: my point is here

in real life: different from any other common runway in the world, granted with no more than a pair of ILS (one for each threshold), in Frankfurt northwest runway 07L/25R there are two pairs, which means two localizer set of antennas and two glideslope antennas for each threshold, which means four localizer antennas and four glideslope antennas on the entire northwest runway system (07L/25R), each one with its own frequency and its own identifiers, which means four different frequencies and four different identifiers; two of these four system (one on each threshold) is set to provide a glide path of 3.2º degrees while the other two (one on each threshold) is set to provide a glide path of 3.0º. Looking on Google Earth will help you understand.

into the simulator: we are fully able to simulate this via ADE and the developer was precisely going in this direction, but just made a very little mistake, which is my point here: the angle of two of the four glideslope antennas of the northwest runway system

it's not supposed to be changeable by any kind of developer configurator application, I don't know what are you talking about. It's supposed to be all 4 system working together, anytime, each one on its own frequency

19 minutes ago, Marcelo Monteiro said:

as far as I know, it's not possible to reproduce this feature

perhaps the easiest is switching AFCAD(eg configurator application), more difficult implements a function using SODE.

19 minutes ago, Marcelo Monteiro said:

It's supposed to be all 4 system working together, anytime, each one on its own frequency

in the case of EDDF , probably this is so, just add them to AFCAD(to existing ILS) and on the map you will have 4 rays for rwy 07L/25R.

but PAPI will still have to switch manually or wait until the developer adds this to the configurator or implements a function using SODE...

I added these changes (except for angle PAPI, it is installed by default 3, out of AFCAD):

You will find it in the paid scenary folder:

mod third party scenary for compatibility with update from aero.sors.fr + some other corrects for more realism!

For user ONLY use nav update from aero.sors.fr (without nav pack, problems are possible)...

File: 4ILS for 7L-25R_EDDF_AFX-OP07.BGL copy to you Frankfurt scenary and 7L-25R_EDDF_AFX-OP07.BGL disable.

copy 1APX50140.bgl where default APX50140.bgl is located, then default APX75310.bgl disable.

P/S Regarding nav update from aero.sors.fr: my personal opinion it be necessary used without fail if you want more realism, besides it's free.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived