Wen select new step altitude - copilot say 2000...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please explain about what you are talking because "STEP ALTITUDE" is a fixed expression for a climb procedure after reaching cruise level. But I assume you are talking about the normal climb procedure after takeoff? So please explain in detail - sty by step and with all the alt settings - what you are doing so that I am able to reproduce the issue you mentioned. 

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Sezb,

I just tried to reproduce the issue with STEP ALTS and the Awareness Calls you mentioned. Unfortunately I could not reproduce the issue you mentioned. So please tell me exactly step by step what you did.

• What was the FL you entered on the MCDU INIT A page as CRZ LVL?
  • What steps you used in between to reach this CRZ LVL?
  • After you reached this CRZ LVL you entered in the MCDU a STEP ALTS at one waypoint ahead with a  1.000 feet above the initial cruize level?
  • Was the "white arrow up" displayed on the ND at that waypoint?
  • Did you change the FCU ALT accordingly?
  • At that STEP ALTS waypoint did you push the FCU ALT button to start the climb?

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs
5 minutes ago, Hanse said:

Hi Sezb,

I just tried to reproduce the issue with STEP ALTS and the Awareness Calls you mentioned. Unfortunately I could not reproduce the issue you mentioned. So please tell me exactly step by step what you did.

• What was the FL you entered on the MCDU INIT A page as CRZ LVL?
  • What steps you used in between to reach this CRZ LVL?
  • After you reached this CRZ LVL you entered in the MCDU a STEP ALTS at one waypoint ahead with a  1.000 feet above the initial cruize level?
  • Was the "white arrow up" displayed on the ND at that waypoint?
  • Did you change the FCU ALT accordingly?
  • At that STEP ALTS waypoint did you push the FCU ALT button to start the climb?

Regards,

Rolf

Hi Hanse, to be precise: 

To initiate a STEP the ALT SELECTOR knob has to be pulled/pushed. The ALT button commands immediate level off.

• 2 weeks later...