Checklist at the start

Hello Rolf.

The problem with the A330 checklist at the start remains. I read your instructions from March 5, GSX Services are not installed in MSDU. I didn't use stairs or catering. After Before Start, I manually closed the front left door and called the GSX tow truck. As soon as the plane moved, I started the engines. After that, the tow truck left, the WAIT sign should have appeared on the screen, and the checklist hung on Start. Rechecked 3 times, all the same.

With respect. Andrey

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Anfy,

Sorry I do not understand your problem or you did not read the instructions carefully.

1. You are writing that "GSX Services are not installed in the MCDU" e.g. you do not have GSX on your system? Then how do you "call the GSX tow truck"?
  2. If GSX is installed on your system and you want to use the GSX tow truck resp. its PB function, then the MCDU3 GROUNDSERVICES  GSX option must be set to ON.
  3. If this function is started via the GSX menu automatically all doors are closed and the BEFORE ENGINE START CL will start. Automatically GSX prepares the pushback. When the CL has been finished release the parking brakes and follow the GSX instructions (as mentioned on the INFOBAR). Start engine 1 and after it is stabilized then start engine 2 etc. and set parking brakes when GSX calls for it.
  4. The PB CL will be finished if you hear the PF confirmation that parking brakes are set and all engines are running. It end with "Thank you for your help"....
  5. Then WAIT appears on the INFOBAR and after some time the AFTER ENGINE START / BEFORE TAXI CL automatically will start.

I believe that in some ways you did not follow the instructions and its sequence as stated above...... Please retry!

Regards,

Rolf   

Hello Rolf. This is a bad translator)))) I meant that in MCDU 3, the GSX SERVISE item is at NO.
Thank you very much, I'll try again. As a bonus, you can also tell me how to remove the smoke from under the wheels

With respect,
Andrey

Please login to display this image.

I didn't touch anything, I just installed the plane, I didn't put any extraneous effects on it. It only costs ChasePlane

With respect,
Andrey

• Deputy Sheriffs

Andrey,

I cannot say anything to the "smoke / snow" subject. But if you have GSX installed and want to use it for PB then the option must be set to ON. But please do not touch the PUSHBACK option above it (LSK5L) because this should only be used by people not havening GSX installed and who do not use the CL / CP.

Regards,

Rolf

Please login to display this image.

Thank you for your help Rolf, it's probably not like I'm used to in the A320. There this option is always set to OFF
With respect,
Andrey

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is in respect to function no difference between the A320 and the A330 and the GSX function is after installation allways set to NO because not everybody has GSX installed.....

Regards,

Rolf

I will continue the topic here, so as not to start a new one, as it concerns the checklist. This is after the experimental upgrade of the A330. When reading the checklist before descending, the pilots start interrupting each other and talking at the same time. Especially noticeable before the decline. And still, a trifle of course, but when the approach phase begins, the co-pilot can not move his table, and knocks them and knocks))) you have to push it to him manually. Stopped notifying about traffic. Now I was flying in Europe, so 6 planes were spinning around me, and he was silent.Please check it

With respect.

Andrey

• Deputy Sheriffs

Andrey,

regarding the copilot table after "Initiate Descent" you are right and the issue is already on our to-do-list. As a workaround please currently close it manually. The other issues mentioned I am not able to confirm. Did you by chance maybe use "time accelleration" (keys R and +) when the Descent Preparation CL was running. That is the only possibility I can think of that the pilots are talking at the same time......

Regards,

Rolf

Thank you very much Rolf for your help, I'll check again about the pilots, although I don't usually use acceleration
With respect,
Andrey

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived