FMS forget ALT LEG page

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are good!

Firstly, thanks a lot to increase everytime the quality of your products...

Secondly, I would like to check with you, if it is possible ton insert ALT LEG page in the FMS? 

Because, in real operation we need to input N-1 route in case of engine-out after V1. And ALT LEG is use for that in normal operation. It's completely different of SEC-FPLN.

Thank you in advance. 

Regards,

Alex'

58 minutes ago, Hans Hartmann said:

What's this ALT LEG page? The term doesn't even exist in my FMS manual (v4.2).

Ok i will check with a French pilot, but normally in the operating manual from France. It is explain about a page to insert the route from departure runway with N-1 route in case of eng-out. And the name of this page is ALT LEG. But maybe we can insert this with a discontinuity at the end of our route, no? It's not clear.

How can we insert a missed approach procedure manually?

• Developer

The missed approach procedure is part of the approach data. It can not be entered manually. There's two choices: either ATC gives you vectors or you follow the procedure in the data. And please don't tell me, you want to program vectors into the FMS....

6 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

The missed approach procedure is part of the approach data. It can not be entered manually. There's two choices: either ATC gives you vectors or you follow the procedure in the data. And please don't tell me, you want to program vectors into the FMS....

No of course, this is not my intention.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

So finally I found. I will take an exemple: If I fly from LFST to LFLL, I will prepare my FMS for that, but for the alternate, I will select LFST (this is my alternate airport in case of N-1). But my question is, do you have any alternate leg page ton insert the alternate route for an airport? It is the same for alternate destination. I don't found any page ton insert my alternate route. 

Thanks in advance ;)

Archived