ASUpdater no longer works...

Hi all, having troubles suddenly with getting the AS Updater up and running. No issues yesterday, today it opens up, white blank window is shown for some seconds and then it closes down without error message or notice. This is from the event viewer:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: ASUpdater.exe, Version: 1.4.0.1, Zeitstempel: 0x5e21dba9
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.18362.719, Zeitstempel: 0x4061c730
Ausnahmecode: 0xc000041d
Fehleroffset: 0x00114192
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x1134
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d602bef8d94862
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\AnkH\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater\ASUpdater.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Berichtskennung: fd1ebab5-3f2c-4737-a9c2-4ba740420234
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Already tried uninstalling and re-installing the ASUpdater from scratch, the issue persists.

Not surprisingly, there was a Windows update yesterday evening, I bet it is related somehow. Any tipps what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Chris

EDIT: Ok, now I did another try with uninstalling and re-installing, now the ASUpdater tells me that no installed product was found.

This folder is gone after I uninstalled the ASUpdater and after re-installing, it is empty...

But I might have found another issue: yesterday, just before the Windows Update, ORBX Central crashed my rig and obviously this resulted in a hole series of add-on.xml being emptied. What a *** software, I now restored all add-on.xml (no surprise, all Aerosoft Products were amongst the emptied files), let's see if this restores ASUpdater...

EDIT: no, no luck. All my add-on.xml are restored and work correctly, no errors found with LORBY-SI Addon Manager and the scenery.cfg looks as before. But this products folder is now empty...

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, I see no other way. The folder containing the data of the products is filled by the products when they are installed. Each writes in xml file to this folder and this file contains an info about the actual version being installed. So even if I would for example give you such an xml file, it would not match with the product you will install and there for the Update would not be able to update this product.

I myself will not run into such a problem, as I'm making a daily backup of my PC, which includes of course the complete documents folder.

I do regular backups but by far not daily. Bummer, then I reinstall everything. Hope this does not break more... And a small critisism: it is rather not so smart to let the ASUpdater depend on files that are gone when properly uninstalling it...

• Deputy Sheriffs
20 minutes ago, Querer said:

And a small critisism: it is rather not so smart to let the ASUpdater depend on files that are gone when properly uninstalling it...

TBH, do not agree with you here. You can not cover any action done by a user or another software. What do you expect when defect hardware damages files? Would you also blame other software.

Think about this. ;)

And btw. the daily backup (differential)) performaned by my backupsoftware for my complete system takes around 5 minutes.

• Aerosoft
19 minutes ago, Querer said:

I do regular backups but by far not daily. Bummer, then I reinstall everything. Hope this does not break more... And a small critisism: it is rather not so smart to let the ASUpdater depend on files that are gone when properly uninstalling it...

With respect, but if files are deleted from the system, what do you expect software to do? 

You got me wrong, the problem was due to the other software emptying some, happily not all, .xml files. The problem I have now is that uninstalling the ASUpdater resulted in a deletion of the folder where the product information was stored by the ASUpdater. I did not manually delete this folder nor did the other software delete it. Anyway, I had all products in the most current state except LSZH. This means it should be possible to get those files, no? Dave wrote me a PM that Hans might be able to provide me if I give a list of my products with proof of purchase. I can easily do this and this would save me from reinstalling all AS Products. Would that be possible?

1 minute ago, Querer said:

You got me wrong, the problem was due to the other software emptying some, happily not all, .xml files. The problem I have now is that uninstalling the ASUpdater resulted in a deletion of the folder where the product information was stored by the ASUpdater. I did not manually delete this folder nor did the other software delete it. Anyway, I had all products in the most current state except LSZH. This means it should be possible to get those files, no? Dave wrote me a PM that Hans might be able to provide me if I give a list of my products with proof of purchase. I can easily do this and this would save me from reinstalling all AS Products. Would that be possible?

If you can provide me with  your purchase details for our products, I can provide you with the product files so that you don't have to reinstall everything in order to update the products you have.  I only need the purchase info for those products which work with our Updater.  Just PM me the info.

This thread can be closed, as I re-installed all affected products and both ASUpdater and products are now working again as they should. Thanks anyway for the attempt to solve it differently.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived