CRJ Dark Dark Cockpit

Hi everyone.

I bought the new CRJ Pro even if I had already installed the old version. Anyway… I have this big issue: the cockpit is really very dark and it is difficult to see, switching, using and so on...

I have PREPAR3D v 4.5 Hotfix 2 with HDR. I read something about REX. I have just Rex Texture 4 Direct but I don't know what to do ...

How can I fix it?

Thank you

Raffaele

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nearly every shader/texture tool can have a impact on other textures. So turn off REX, restore your shaders (or delete the shader folder and let P3D rebuild a new one). And see if it is better.

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Clearly your shaders are not the standard ones or your sim settings are not what we advice in the manual.

I read it… Which part of the manual you are talking about, please.

I also delete the shader folder so that P3D could rebuild it.

It's a really weird situation… never happened before with no other Aerosoft I bought….

Well, I read a QUESTION AND ANSWER topic and i FOUND THIS LINE:

I have changed the texture settings to "untinted windows" but my cockpit is still too dark

We provide an alternative texture set for users who have HDR switched off or use Tomato Shade or something similar. You can find the files and a short installation guide here: Aerosoft CRJ Professional\Data\Texture Options

I did it.

I used the NoHDR textureVC and the result is in the picture I attached here.

What do you think?

Please login to display this image.

• 10 months later...

Just putting my 2 cents in as you don't say if you fixed it or not. Turn off Casting and receiving shadows in P3D and your problem should be gone. Worked for me as I had the same problem. 

Archived