A330 Pro Auto Brakes

quentcor

I would like some guidance regarding the auto brake settings for this aircraft. Why is the setting for auto brakes in the aircraft config file set to zero? The panel shows three possible options, viz., low, medium and high and I would have thought the setting in the aircraft config file should be 3 to allow for the three options.

What is the effect of the hydraulic_system_scalar setting, which is set to 1 in the config file? Can this be adjusted and, if so, how does one go about it?

How does one adjust the braking effectiveness of the auto brake system? I consistently get very short landings and  over-heated brakes after using auto braking for landings, even with the low setting.

Will be very grateful for some help on this.

7 hours ago, quentcor said:

I would like some guidance regarding the auto brake settings for this aircraft. Why is the setting for auto brakes in the aircraft config file set to zero? The panel shows three possible options, viz., low, medium and high and I would have thought the setting in the aircraft config file should be 3 to allow for the three options.

What is the effect of the hydraulic_system_scalar setting, which is set to 1 in the config file? Can this be adjusted and, if so, how does one go about it?

How does one adjust the braking effectiveness of the auto brake system? I consistently get very short landings and  over-heated brakes after using auto braking for landings, even with the low setting.

Will be very grateful for some help on this.

Its set to zero on the config because i believe no autobrakes is selected when u startup the plane or when the plane is in turnaround?

Since theres no BTV(Brake to vacate) feature on the A330, usually you would disengage the autobrake below or at 60knots and tap a little manual braking on the pedals until you reach your exit that is of course provided if the runway is long.

On the issue of short landing The A330 can even stop on a 2100m runway with autobrake low in real life provided there's no tailwind and reverse thrust is used in full. With direct headwind of 8knots the ipad performance calculator which i used in real life even calculates a length usage of only 1800m which is typically a runway length of a turboprop airport. The incredible braking power can be even seen on the B777 thanks to tripple boogey gear design and crazy reverse thrust. Hope this helps.

Archived