Zurich V1.1.0.0 issue

• Deputy Sheriffs

And next time as jpg only. ;)

But this is for sure an installation error, not a problem of the scenery itself. To which folder did you install the scenery?

And btw., which exact version of P3D are you using?

• Deputy Sheriffs

@gregoryv as mopperle already said. That’s a install problem.

As the new version is now using add-on.xml to install, it might be a layering issue in your scenery library.

Best is, if you could show a screenshot of the library.

Btw, you can set the screenshot format in P3D options to jpg. 

39 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

@gregoryv as mopperle already said. That’s a install problem.

As the new version is now using add-on.xml to install, it might be a layering issue in your scenery library.

Best is, if you could show a screenshot of the library.

Btw, you can set the screenshot format in P3D options to jpg. 

Thanks Bob. It was installation issue. Somehow the entry in P3D for old scenery remained in scenery file. Removed it, then installed again and all fine except ORBX GES compatibility.

Does Hotfix 1.00 can be used here? 

Many Thanks

Greg

• Deputy Sheriffs
15 minutes ago, gregoryv said:

Thanks Bob. It was installation issue. Somehow the entry in P3D for old scenery remained in scenery file. Removed it, then installed again and all fine except ORBX GES compatibility.

Does Hotfix 1.00 can be used here? 

Many Thanks

Greg

Yes, can be used.

vor 15 Stunden , gregoryv sagte:

Yes, I completely uninstalled previous version. No files as no folder remained in P3D folder.

I also deleted the previous version of LSZH, but in my scenery.cfg the airport was still active / shown. As Zurich 1.1.0 installs using the xml-method there were two airports loaded into the sim. I removed the LZSH-entrance in my scenery.cfg manually - and that worked. Maybe that this is also the case with your installation.

Just now, BTenhaaf said:

I also deleted the previous version of LSZH, but in my scenery.cfg the airport was still active / shown. As Zurich 1.1.0 installs using the xml-method there were two airports loaded into the sim. I removed the LZSH-entrance in my scenery.cfg manually - and that worked. Maybe that this is also the case with your installation.

Yes. Exactly 

Just reinstalled Zurich, but same issue like before.

I dont have the issue when i turn off the Airport under Addons.

On 26.3.2020 at 20:36, mopperle sagte:

Dont see this with latest Zurich and all Orbx stuff for EU installed:

Please login to display this image.

Maybe it is a texture loading issue (timing). Does anything change when zooming in/out

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 3:51 PM, mopperle said:

same gate, no sunken wheels:

And docking also works:

Question to all having problems: Did you uninstall any old version of LSZH before installing the new version. Could it be that there are old files left, cause you moved/renamed something?

I will test with other Gates to find if Jetways get sunken wheels during Undocking. The wheels issue occurs during undocking and when it finish the wheels become restored. This is not normal.

Uninstalling the old version do you mean the files from SODE must be removed as well? I will see if that resolve the problem.

• Deputy Sheriffs
38 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I will test with other Gates to find if Jetways get sunken wheels during Undocking. The wheels issue occurs during undocking and when it finish the wheels become restored. This is not normal.

Uninstalling the old version do you mean the files from SODE must be removed as well? I will see if that resolve the problem.

Looks like it's time to completely delete the existing installation, ensure it's also removed from the Scenery Library, reboot, then download the complete 1.1 version from your shop account and install that.. The usual cautions about unzipping it first, turning off your antivirus, installing as Administrator, then turning AV back on apply. A reboot after installation is an optional insurance step, but shouldn't be necessary.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 11:39 PM, Herman said:

Looks like it's time to completely delete the existing installation, ensure it's also removed from the Scenery Library, reboot, then download the complete 1.1 version from your shop account and install that.. The usual cautions about unzipping it first, turning off your antivirus, installing as Administrator, then turning AV back on apply. A reboot after installation is an optional insurance step, but shouldn't be necessary.

Good idea. I will proceed and to report it about results.

I launched P3Dv4.5 and removed the AES LSZH from Scenery Library. I didn't see anything related with SODE. Launched to LSZH and P3D loaded the Default and from Gate A42 the jetway worked as a charm, docking and undocking,

Rebooted the system and downloaded the Installer again from AES and installed without errors. Launched the AES LSZH Gate A42 and the jetway still with undocking problems and can be seen in:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ALBp_YEXiSal0eAa_dY8dexjllxDhY4M/view?usp=sharing

• Deputy Sheriffs

trisho0, thank you for the update on your troubleshooting. When you write "AES"  as in "AES LSZH Gate A42," is that your abbreviation for Aerosoft, or are you referring to the product known as Airport Enhancement Services as at this link?

From the video you linked to, it appears you're using GSX. The wheels in the gate look like they're sinking into the ground in an effort to get the jetway low enough to fit the aircraft, since the cab end can't get low enough otherwise. What aircraft are you using? Does it work correctly with gates anywhere else? Do you have this issue at any of the other LSZH gates, in particular at "small" gates? How about with taller aircraft? I know that's a lot of questions, but I'm trying to save the same questions spread out over successive posts in an effort to identify the cause.

Here's what I get with stock Ctrl-J jetways since I don't have GSX. The aircraft wheels look normal, although the jetway wheels seem slightly sunken (flat) and the cab floor does seem a little high. But not at all like you're seeing.

Yes, AES intended to say Aerosoft. Tried on Gate E27 and still the jetway undocking with sunken wheels. I use PMDG 737NGX. I tried PMDG 747 and the Bird is too large for the Gates A42 and E27. Any more ideas?

Screenshot from Gate E27 showing the jetway sunken in Undock process. If the Jetway is docking normal it should undock the same way.

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 7:03 AM, Herman said:

Here's what I get with stock Ctrl-J jetways since I don't have GSX. The aircraft wheels look normal, although the jetway wheels seem slightly sunken (flat) and the cab floor does seem a little high. But not at all like you're seeing.

Guys, please reconsider (re-read?) once again what trisho0 actually wrote: the sinking in the ground is only visible during the undocking process. Not while docking, not while docked to the aircraft. So screenshots showing that your jetways are fine while docked or in the parking position or while docking simply does not help with the issue. I checked the video, yes he is using GSX, but the GSX menue bar (green bar on top) clearly indicates "this gate uses default jetways".

So it might be a mixture of both, no? @trisho0 I would nevertheless open a thread over at the GSX support forums to ask if GSX modifies the sequence of animation for default jetways in any way (I doubt). Personally, I haven't checked if the undocking results in sunken jetway wheels, as I basically upgraded to GSX Level 2 jetways on almost all possible addon sceneries, including LSZH. Furthermore, honestly, I usually do not watch the undocking animation from outside ;-)

• Deputy Sheriffs

OK, I canfirm the issue with just using Ctrl+J to operate the jetways. Indeed, when undocking, from a certain point twheels disappear in the ground and com back when the jetway is in its stnadby position.

Will hand it over to the devs-

I don't think it is an issue from GSX. I operated the jetway with Crtl + J and I got the exactly the same behavior  of the jetway undocking with GSX.

We need a new SODE files for this LSZH scenery indeed. I did a test with a different spot, on the Gate E23.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rkQ1DUlPr7JZbhEfTeJaVjsabpFHfP2A/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Has there been any solution to the original problem Thomas Ammann reported? Because I have exactly the same. 

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't notice there is an update available.

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:29 AM, Timothee said:

Has there been any solution to the original problem Thomas Ammann reported? Because I have exactly the same. 

Edit: Nevermind, I didn't notice there is an update available.

SODE updates? Where?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived