'ND log file could not be generated!' error message returns.

Zooferret

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, atav757 said:

I suddenly out of nowhere have this issue too :( Updated with a full uninstall/reinstall of the newest bundle version. 

Well, moving the lines from the appdata add-ons.cfg to the programdata add-ons.cfg fixed the issue for me!

17 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Would you please tell us which program are you using to edit the add-ons.cfg file?  I need the specific file and version please.

Windows notepad  for windows 10 version 2004

There's 2 different examples of my addon.cfg post different installs

3 hours ago, jeansy said:

Windows notepad  for windows 10 version 2004

There's 2 different examples of my addon.cfg post different installs

Thats what I was afraid of. Notepad does not save files with the UTF-8 code/format so as soon as you save the file its wrecked and unusable. You have to use Notepad++.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Thats what I was afraid of. Notepad fors save files with the UTF-8 code/format so as soon as you dave the file its wrecked and unusable. You have to use Notepad++.

So with that theory none of my addons should work? 

I had over 80 add on in my addons cfg and all worked plus the hundred odd orbx ones in the other addon.cfg

Even if I dont move it from one cfg to another, and allow it to populate itself, the error persists

again not being a narcissist,  but dave have you been reading my posts relating to this problem as its only unique to the buses for p3dv5 only

it works fine for p3d v4.5 hf3

2 hours ago, jeansy said:

So with that theory none of my addons should work? 

I had over 80 add on in my addons cfg and all worked plus the hundred odd orbx ones in the other addon.cfg

Even if I dont move it from one cfg to another, and allow it to populate itself, the error persists

again not being a narcissist,  but dave have you been reading my posts relating to this problem as its only unique to the buses for p3dv5 only

it works fine for p3d v4.5 hf3

I apologize, I wasn't following your case as well as I should have been to offer assistance, and I've been sort of doing the hit and run replies in the forums due to real world matters which have left me without the amount of time that I should have to look at this with you, and while my effort stemmed from a desire to help I should have let Bob or Mathijs work with you.  Again, my apologies,  you deserve having someone who can devote a bit more time to assist you, and normally that is what happens here.

The UTF-8 formatting only applies to the XML files.  While it's okay to use Notepad with config and ini files, I advise people to use Notepad++ with all files thus removing the possibility of the UTF-8 format injecting issues.

It appears that XML and CFD files in P3D are now using Unicode, so only Notepad++ should be used for them.  Basically, use Notepad++ for everything.

I understand that things are working for you with P3Dv4.5.

Recently a user reported that the adding the Airbuses to the add-on.cfg file located in the ProgramData folder generated issues so he moved the entry to the add-on.cfg file in the Roaming folder and he reported this was successful.  You may wish to try that.  You must ensure that none of the Airbus entries are duplicated in any of the add-on.cfg files and there are not more than one entry in the Add-on.xml files.  Just to cover all the bases, please ensure that only Notepad++ is used and that it is run as Administrator.

One thing that is important to remember is that the Airbus installer does not place xml entries in the same manner as some other addons.  For instance, many P3D addons place a folder with an add-on.xml file into the Prepar3d v4/v5 Addons folder, so if the add-on.cfg file (one located in the ProgramData folder and another located in the Roaming folder) are deleted the Airbus will not be added back automatically as other addons are.  Essentially what we did was bypass the Add-on.xml file and while I'm sure there was a good reason why we did this but there more have been a reason.  For now it's important to be aware of this, especially keeping it in mind before using the Delete Generated Files script or manually removing add-on.cfg files, which is a good troubleshooting tool for P3D especially because the automatic rebuild of the file contents can help to resolve issues which results in P3D running more smoothly. At any rate, it is important to backup the relevant entries so they can be manually added back rather than performing a full reinstall.

Now, let's talk about Reinstalls.  Too many people are reinstalling directly over existing installations, uninstalling and reinstalling without rebooting and uninstalling and reinstalling without loading P3D in between.  These are huge mistakes and will only lead to issues similar to what you are experiencing.  Because of how P3D looks for, adds and registeres addons, one can save themselves a lot of heartache by following the uninstall and reinstall procedure.

What I recommend you do is:

1. Download all three P3D Components.

2. Disable your computer security (firewall is fine to leave running).

3. Reinstall all three P3Dv5HF1 components one at a time (not just the Client component).

4. Start P3D and once fully loaded close P3D.

5. Uninstall all Aerosoft Airbus Products.

6. Reboot.

7. Start P3D and after it is fully loaded close P3D.

8. Reboot.

9. Make any backups of XML and CFG files you wish.

10. Run the P3D "Delete Generated Files" script located in the main P3D folder.

11. Start P3D, allow the addons to be added/activated, and once fully loaded close P3D.

12. Reboot.

13. Disable your computer security (firewall is fine to leave running).

14. Install the Airbus products in this order, omitting any products that you have no purchased.  A318/A319, then the A320/A321, and finally the A330.

15. Reboot.

16. Start P3Dv5, test to see if the Airbus products work. If they work, close P3D and update the Navdata as you please.  If they do not work continue.

17. Ensure Notepad++ is installed and set to ruin as Administrator.

18. Using Notepad++, open the Add-on.cfg file located in the ProgramData folder, and in a different Notepad++ window open the Add-on.cfg file located in the Roaming folder.  Then move the line entries from the Add-on.cfg file in the ProgramData folder to the add-on.cfg file located in the Roaming folder.  Double check that the line entries on both add-on.cfg files are numbered sequentially.

19. Close all windows and start P3D, and test to see if the Airbus products are working.

I hope this is helpful.

19 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you Dave, I will have a look at this in the next few days when time permits and report back

in the meantime is there a log file that reports how the buses communicate with the "aerosoft general" folder and p3d for debugging? I assume there isnt as no one is yet to mention it 

• Aerosoft
On 6/9/2020 at 1:08 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

Thats what I was afraid of. Notepad does not save files with the UTF-8 code/format so as soon as you save the file its wrecked and unusable. You have to use Notepad++.

Sorry, incorrect. 

The standard Notepad saves the files in the format all our add-ons need it. No need for any other editor.

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, incorrect. 

The standard Notepad saves the files in the format all our add-ons need it. No need for any other editor.

Yeah,  you're right.  I was confusing UTF-8 and UTF-16.

On 6/10/2020 at 12:33 AM, DaveCT2003 said:

1. Download all three P3D Components.  DoneComplete P3D reinstall post a complete PC format and reinstall

2. Disable your computer security (firewall is fine to leave running). refer to 1

3. Reinstall all three P3Dv5HF1 components one at a time (not just the Client component). refer to 1

4. Start P3D and once fully loaded close P3D. refer to 1

5. Uninstall all Aerosoft Airbus Products. refer to 1

6. Reboot. refer to 1

7. Start P3D and after it is fully loaded close P3D. refer to 1

8. Reboot. refer to 1

9. Make any backups of XML and CFG files you wish.refer to 1

10. Run the P3D "Delete Generated Files" script located in the main P3D folder refer to 1

11. Start P3D, allow the addons to be added/activated, and once fully loaded close P3D. Done

12. Reboot. Done

13. Disable your computer security (firewall is fine to leave running). Done

14. Install the Airbus products in this order, omitting any products that you have no purchased.  A318/A319, then the A320/A321, and finally the A330. Done

15. Reboot. Done

16. Start P3Dv5, test to see if the Airbus products work. If they work, close P3D and update the Navdata as you please.  If they do not work continue. Done

17. Ensure Notepad++ is installed and set to ruin as Administrator. Done

18. Using Notepad++, open the Add-on.cfg file located in the ProgramData folder, and in a different Notepad++ window open the Add-on.cfg file located in the Roaming folder.  Then move the line entries from the Add-on.cfg file in the ProgramData folder to the add-on.cfg file located in the Roaming folder.  Double check that the line entries on both add-on.cfg files are numbered sequentially. Done

19. Close all windows and start P3D, and test to see if the Airbus products are working. Done

Starts of as previously reported ok, as soon as I add a livery or flight plan it get the same error with all 3 bus packages

im sorry but this is getting beyond amusing, im at a point of reverting to back to p3dv4.5 or ditching the AS buses all together waiting for FSlabs to release their buses

51 minutes ago, david_wi said:

Can someone give a clear answer if he had overcome the ND error and has working buses?

Thanks, David 

David,

I believe you did, in the following thread:

I get the ND error also and discovered the reason why.

I use Lorby's Addon Organizer. Whenever I hit save it will remove any duplicates between the two add-ons.cfg. In this case it removes the following lines from the add-ons.cfg file located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. I have a backup add-ons.cfg where I just copy and paste the missing lines.

[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Users\wrs51\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Pro V5
TITLE=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.1]
PATH=C:\Users\wrs51\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Pro V5
TITLE=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

vor 4 Stunden , wrs511 sagte:

I get the ND error also and discovered the reason why.

I use Lorby's Addon Organizer. Whenever I hit save it will remove any duplicates between the two add-ons.cfg. In this case it removes the following lines from the add-ons.cfg file located in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. I have a backup add-ons.cfg where I just copy and paste the missing lines.

[Package.0]
PATH=C:\Users\wrs51\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A318-A319 Pro V5
TITLE=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Package.1]
PATH=C:\Users\wrs51\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A320-A321 Pro V5
TITLE=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

I updated Lorby‘s Addon-Manager. With the latest build I get no duplicate messages anymore (A330).

7 hours ago, Andre Blossfeld said:

I updated Lorby‘s Addon-Manager. With the latest build I get no duplicate messages anymore (A330).

Just updated to the latest and it is still deleting the 2 packages.

Clean uninstall of all Airbus done.

Installing into "C:\Users\ppats\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" works. (see attachment .png).

Kasperksy Anti-Virus left active.

The Airbus installs do not like being loaded anywhere else, even with a Junction link in the "C:\Users\ppats\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" folder.

So, to summarise, don't move it out of the doc addon folder.

Cheers for now, and stay well.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 hours ago, Pat Smith said:

The Airbus installs do not like being loaded anywhere else,

This is simply not correct.

I have created a folder out side P3D which is in my case d:\P3D addons and point all installers supporting the new xml Methode to this folder. This works very well.

Problems are caused by addons manipulating core P3D configuration files. Thats why it is recommended not to use them.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Here it shows from the beginning. Never experienced this error, but I also do not use any fancy tools to manipulate core P3D configuration files.

13 hours ago, mopperle said:

I have created a folder out side P3D which is in my case d:\P3D addons and point all installers supporting the new xml Methode to this folder. This works very well.

Problems are caused by addons manipulating core P3D configuration files. Thats why it is recommended not to use them.

Thanks, Otto,

Of course my post is for my setup, which I was only able to get working when installing into the 'Docs Addon' folder. I don't have a clue why this is, having tried installing in other locations (not networked), so I'll leave things as they are until a later date, for example, if I re-install P3Dv5 for whatever reason.

Thanks again, stay well, and cheers for now.

• Aerosoft
On 6/21/2020 at 12:47 PM, mopperle said:

I even have all my add-ons on a home server and that works fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 4:21 PM, hollow said:

No problem. You need to insert the following text to add-ons.cfg file, located in \ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5 folder:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Package.0]

PATH=C:\Users\Matej Stavanja\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\Aerosoft A330 Pro V5

TITLE=Aerosoft A330 Professional

ACTIVE=true

REQUIRED=false

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After those lines are inserted, you need to adjust the corresponding [Package.xx] numbers. That did the trick for me.

Please let me know, if it works.

Cheers,

Matej

Hello,

You boss. You fixed my prolonged issue. ❤️

• mopperle unlocked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I had also this problem (ND logfile)  on my P3D v4.5  'n I've tried everthing what everybody had written here but no success yet...also the other problem with the elevator made me so disappointed with the airbus pro that I uninstalled 'n decided to NOT buy any other product...sorry...

9 hours ago, velidemir said:

Unfortunately I had also this problem (ND logfile)  on my P3D v4.5  'n I've tried everthing what everybody had written here but no success yet...also the other problem with the elevator made me so disappointed with the airbus pro that I uninstalled 'n decided to NOT buy any other product...sorry...

Do you have Windows 10 Pro and version 2004?

Bye, David

• 7 months later...
On 6/21/2020 at 8:47 PM, mopperle said:

So does this include Aerosoft's own Simstarter NG?

Because I'm having the same problem and I'm running P3d as admin and and I have full rights to the A330 directory and all subdirectories and files. 

Archived