error reading dll.xml and exe.xml on network

skycamel

Hi,

when I start SimstarterNG I get an error that dll.xml should be in programdata or appdata folder.

I'm running Simstarter on my laptop, networked to my FSX PC.

No problems reading the FSX.cfg  on the network, just dll.xml and exe.xml not working although they're in the same folder.

Didn't have any problems with that in the freeware version

Any idea?

Cheers,

Luc

Hi,

so, I made two DebugPack's, one "official" and one "Manual" (It will become clear why, I hope 😉   )

First the Official

I installed NG on my laptop where I also happen to have FSX installed which I only use once in a blue moon, but I want to keep it.

On first run everything is fine and as I have FSX on my laptop it fill's out all the path's.

I then go to setting and change all the path's to my FSX-PC on the network and restart NG

I do have to reread the FSX.cfg but it updates the scenery.cfg automatically.

But when I then open Tools/DLLEXExml manager it CTD with the message in the screenshot (.rtf file)

In the official DebugPack I also included the log after the CTD (it' in the root)

As I was fiddling with the profiles trying to recuperate the once's of 2.7 I then decided to start all over again from scratch.

However, in order to have the correct path's to my FSX-PC, I copied my settings.ini to the new install before running.

Second the Manual 

So I start NG and again starting with FSX is proposed, which I accept.

I then will CTD with message concerning the DLL/EXE xml and that's it.

That's why I made a manual DebugPack as I can't run the program.

BTW, similar issues arises with the simobjects.

I don't know what would happen if I run NG on a PC without FSX installed, but anyway, I think it would be good that on first run, you would be able

to select "Networked Flight Simulator" beside the "Flight Simulator FSX" so we can put in the correct path's from first run.

Cheers,

Luc

20200322-09h29m57_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip 22032020_manual_debug_SIMstarter NG.zip

Archived