Fuel planner A320

Jov

I am coming back to an issue that I raised b4.

I am in doubt, that the fuel planner for the A320 is working correctly.

As I understand, the weight of Pax is calculated by a fixed average value for the person and hand baggage.

The weight of checked baggage (in the fuel planner) is calculated as 25 kgs per pax automatically, if one uses the sliders.

It used to be, that one could load all the 300 (except the 320) busses with max pax.
The sliders would calculate the 25kgs baggage. The a320 would not allow 25kgs baggage, one would exceed weights.

Obviously the underlying model for the fuelplanner has been changed, since now one cannot load max pax and 25kgs baggage per pax.

In fact, for max pax one can load with the 318 an average of 5,11 kgs per pax

319                         20,75
                                                                           321                           8,27

for the 320 one cannot load any baggage for any pax, since for 180 pax the landing weight exceeds the limit in any case. (I have 2 calculations included)

The numbers seem odd. I can understand, that maybe, one cannot load 25 kgs for a full plane, since there might be a consideration that on
short distance flights, not everybody might carry 25 kgs.

However, I cannot believe, that if you have a full flight on an a320 the landing weight will ALWAYS exceed allowed limits.

In a previous discussion Mathijs has cut me short by saying, that it is not a real world problem.

Maybe I am all wrong, but the numbers make no sense for me at all.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The problem is not pax an baggage, but a wrong calculation regarding the alternate, which is much to high. Will be solved with the next update:

3 hours ago, mopperle said:

The problem is not pax an baggage, but a wrong calculation regarding the alternate, which is much to high. Will be solved with the next update:

Otto answered this perfectly, right now there is an issue with the Alternate calculation that we're aware of and working on.

If you'd like, I can offer you a FAR better way to calculate your fuel, in fact I recommend using it even if our Fuel Planner didn't have this small issue.  I've linked to a post explaining it below.  I hope this helps you.

Best wishes.

Archived