What triggers A330 After Start Checklist?

After push and start I completed the after start flow but the after start checklist never began. What item(s) trigger(s) the checklist to commence? I even tried clicking the LSK next to AFTER START on the checklist page in CDU3. In the end I succeeded by pressing "START PUSH", initiating another pushback/start cycle. Once that completed the After Start checklist was initiated. It would be useful if this page could always act as a manual reset of the checklist system in case it gets lost. You shouldn't have to go back a step.

I had already moved the start selector to NORM, but when the checklist got to that point it hung until I moved the switch to IGN/START and back to NORM. It seems sometimes the checklist expects things to be "read and do" other times it lets you run the flow first then check.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please have a look into the following thread:

I believe you are talking about the AFTER ENGINE START CL. The easiest way to see what is going on is to activate the INFOBAR. If pushback is completed e. g. both engines are stabilized and the parking brakes are set you will see a message "WAIT". The reason is quite simple because we have to align the various possible pushback procedures (because their duration is quite different and from GSX we get no signal that its procedure has been finished). Therefore we entered a break and the message. After a certain period of time the AFTER ENGINE START CL will start automatically...... Also please do not mix up flows and the CL. If you want to use the CL then just follow its sequence and do the necessary settings when it is required.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived