AES rain/snow runway textures with Active Sky v6 weather

nat2004

Hi,

First of all i would just like to congratulate the entire team on a wonderful product, it brings our airports to life!

I use Active sky v6 as my weather engine and have noticed that when flying into one of the AES airports, for example flytampas SFO, with rain/snow it doesn't load the corresponding runway textures. Once i have landed if i refresh Active Sky it will then load the wet/snowy runway textures.

Im not sure if the problem is with AES or Av6 or both so any suggestions will be appreciated,

Cheers,

Nat

• Developer

Hi,

I don't have AS6, but AES will read the rain via Intelliscne from the status of the FS, so when you see raindrops on the windshield, I would expact that the FS will "know" about the rain and AES should see it and change show the texture. Ok, Intelliscene will update the infos only every minute, so if the rain is not all the time in approach, it could happen, that the texture comes to late.

I see rain/snow textures just fine and am using ASv6.5. However, I remember having read somewhere (probably here) that these textures only show up when rain/snow is stronger than "light". Oliver will correct me if my memory tricked me. :)

I suggest you try finding an "AESed" airport where precipitation is heavier than light and see what happens. Or you could find a corresponding METAR with AS, then copy and paste into your airport of choice. Use ASv6.5 Wx configurator.

Regards,

Jure