New iOS app

disco79stu

So is the app available via PlayStore already the updated one? ‚Cause I just downloaded it and it still has the same „zoom/pan“ issues mentioned above...

5 hours ago, disco79stu said:

So is the app available via PlayStore already the updated one? ‚Cause I just downloaded it and it still has the same „zoom/pan“ issues mentioned above...

If you mean the moving map after reaching max zoom this one is still worked on as it was lower priority. And now since I have to add some new features to iOS app it might get pushed down the line a bit. In this new version 1.0.4 I've mainly addressed the iOS users issues (oh irony...) where they could not add a chart to kneeboard or airport to favorites because iOS didn't support long press. Also I've limited min zoom level and added chart rotation.

Next steps will be max zoom handling and some new features like sidebar and tabs layout on tablets.

15 hours ago, tosco92 said:

what version are we for ios?

iOS in AppStore is still 1.0.3. New version is 1.0.4. There's nothing I can do about it. We never planned for subscription to be purchased inside the app and now we have to rework whole server backend to just be able to update the app... Please send big big Fank You to Apple ;) I am doing what I can, as fast as I can...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Let me do it right now.

The simple fact is that Apple refused the latest version because they insist that the charts can only be sold via the Apple network. Not only is is simply not allowed in the contract we now have, the 30% we'll have to pay simply means we make a loss on every sale. So that is just not going to happen. Of course, because Navigraph uses the same system we assume they will face the same issue when they update the software. 

On a personal note... I find this behavior of Apple incorrect. There is ABSOLUTELY no benefit for the user. In fact it will be more complex, for example, Apple hates it when data you buy is used on more then one system. It also means we would have to invest heavily in programming and supporting this new version. They also do not allow us to increase the price for Apple users so only they pay the Apple tax, to make money we would have to increase the price for ALL users.  Windows and Android users would simply have to pay more to allow Apple users to use the application. That is simply not fair.  And we will make then do so.

We are now planning a better Webapp to replace the Apple versions. But please, do not blame us. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Mathijs

Sorry to reopen an old topic, but have you had any progress with Apple?

I was the EFB Administrator for a large european Cargo carrier who use LIDO M/Pilot on IOS version we never had this issue nor did we have this problem with our in house custom build apps.

Many Thanks

• Aerosoft

With a private app you will never see these problems. 

The simple fact is that the license we have simply forbids any resellers so we can't let Apple sell the license and take their 30% for doing nearly nothing. Even if they would, we would make a loss on every sale unless we raise the price for every customer (as we are not allowed to sell the license cheaper on our site then on the apple Store (and yes that is just bonkers). We tried explaining that we do the same as Netflix etc, but we do not have the impression they even read our mails. To be honest, we really seriously dislike Apple right now.

As you most likely have seen Apple is under very serious investigation for their practises and we have good hopes that certainly in the EU this will be illegal soon. Until that time, please complain to Apple.  This goes way beyond making a profit on your own platform. 

And if you wonder why so many apps that got weekly updates now have not seen an update in six weeks.... that because nobody wants Apple to take another look at any apps.  

Archived