Few 'Bugs' or thing that are not working GATC

#!

http://www.aerosoft-shop.com/products/navdatapro/navdatapro.html

This is the URL  in help>>upgrade Nav Database.      What is needed to update this.

Also how can I tell what version/release/update #  for the NavDatabase??

Right below the below the help>>Upgrade Nav database,,  there is Cycle 1309  .. 

So very old. Right??

***found this

AIRAC cycle    : 1309
Revision       : 1
Valid (from/to): 22/AUG/2013 - 18/SEP/2013

How do I update date this to say the day I bought GATC?

In the Launcher I try to do a Check Product Update,,  I get this    "Error"

Nothing more.

Launcher update check fails also. Says it cant find files on 213.133.107.236.

Let me know if there is anything else you need from my side.

--

Win10  pro

Brett

So I need to buy an update?   Remember the version that is on my current setup is 1309?I

If it was curent I think it should be 2003.. Is that right?

I bought GATC around a week ago.

• Deputy Sheriffs

1309 is the AIRAC cycle of September 2013.

Of course GATC is not getting updated every 28 days just to include the most recent AIRAC cycle. It just contains the cycle that was recent when it was released.

For normal playing this is actually good enough. If you feel you need the most recent data, you have to buy it. Just like it is with all other add-on in the flight simulation world.

Who is saying every 28 days.. .. How about once every 5 years..

Selling an old product on developers site ,, you would think this would have the most up to date information.

And a changelog, something showing the last release date.. But no. That is just deceiving.  

And if that is the Aerosoft is .. ok.. I will just avoid buying anything from them.

And saying 99% of all software is old. I have never had an issue like this.  99% of everything is old.   But this is deceiving.

I buy something thinking it is new, then find out that it I 6-7 years old.     

14 hours ago, CaptRanger said:

Who is saying every 28 days.. .. How about once every 5 years..

Selling an old product on developers site ,, you would think this would have the most up to date information.

And a changelog, something showing the last release date.. But no. That is just deceiving.  

And if that is the Aerosoft is .. ok.. I will just avoid buying anything from them.

And saying 99% of all software is old. I have never had an issue like this.  99% of everything is old.   But this is deceiving.

I buy something thinking it is new, then find out that it I 6-7 years old.     

We understand, it sounds as if you are either new to flight simulation or at least have very little experience with products which use NavData, and if so then you're not alone.  Let's start with a little education about this.

When products which use NavData are released, they are released with one set of NavData.  This is the way that every single developer in the flight sim community does things, and has done this for many, many years. 

Now let's talk about what updated NavData is.  Every month changed are made to Navigational Aids and airport procedures and the NavData is updated to reflect these changes.  But there are thousands and thousands of NavAids and airports around the world, and many of these do not change.  But if you're using the latest charts (which also change every month) or otherwise flying in a manner which makes using updated NavData (such as flying online, on networks like VATSIM, IVAO, POSCON) then you really don't need to update your NavData.

I hope you now understand this better.

Best wishes.

Archived