Config Pitch Trim alert

GaryMcCl

I'm getting this RED error and loud alarm when I'm taking off.  It says:

CONFIG PITCH TRIM

NOT IN T.O. RANGE

I also get the T.O. INHIBIT message.

This didn't used to happen, what have I done wrong?

Gaz

Please login to display this image.

5 hours ago, GaryMcCl said:

I'm getting this RED error and loud alarm when I'm taking off.  It says:

CONFIG PITCH TRIM

NOT IN T.O. RANGE

I also get the T.O. INHIBIT message.

This didn't used to happen, what have I done wrong?

Gaz

His Gaz,

What Pitch trim did you insert in the MCDU? Also T.O INHIBIT means there is certain Master Cautions & Master Warnings you won't get during the Takeoff Roll. This also happens during landing.

Regards, 

Markus

13 hours ago, M4rk0 said:

What Pitch trim did you insert in the MCDU?

Where/when does that get inserted into the MCDU? I don't think I've ever done anything with that...

Is it the roller? Mine had 0.8 in there after the pushback checklist is done.

Is there somewhere telling what that figure should be, or when I set it.

Hello Gary,

The message is not related with the data you insert on the MCDU as that is optional. But the data is inserted on the PERF Takeoff next to flap setting. Is used to, after start, check/set the trim setting. If you noticed, during after start checklist, one of the items is the pitch trim.

That RED ecam is triggered when, while setting take off power or pushing the TO Config pb, your actual trim is not withing the takeoff range. Simply trim to the correct setting(or at least within the takeoff range) and you're good to go.

As Markus said, those pink Inhibit are always there for takeoff and landing. Is a smart way to avoid unnecessary distractions during critical phases.

Have a great day!

it is happening in all the AS Airbuses for me. In the MCDU#3 after inserting into the load/fuel page from the Aerosoft fuel planner software for eg a pitch trim setting of UP0.8 and setting that trim on the pitch wheel, also in putting that figure into the take off performance page of the MCDU#1. All this behaves like normal.

Then while taxiing I notice the flight control page on the lower ecam pops up and I notice the pitch trim has moved to DN1.8. I then manually reset it to UP0.8 and carry on taxiing. Then when I apply takeoff power, the master warning goes berserk and the message the OP stated shows on the upper ecam. So I manually reset is again and then apply take off power and it happens again.....and agian....

My point is the pitch trim should not move on its own accord. Is Aerosoft looking into this? How do I send them the required information for them to check?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, the take off range is as follows:

Please login to display this image.

@along2103

rhe whelk shouldn’t move by itself.

can you check your controller settings? Or key bindings.

Hello,

In fact for the A330, as soon as hyd power is avail, the pitch trim should be set by itself automatically based on the actual gross weight cg, which can be slightly different from the mcdu(s) data. The A320 family need to be set by the pilot. Is also worth to mention that the pitch trim vary from up to down on the 320 family, but for the A330 all range of trim for takeoff is up. For the A330 a simple method to calculate by heart is (35-GWCG)/2=your trim units for takeoff (UP, 330 always up).

But if after all this you still have the ecam warning, it gotta be something else 

Happy landings!

• Deputy Sheriffs
19 hours ago, GaryMcCl said:

Where/when does that get inserted into the MCDU? I don't think I've ever done anything with that...

Is it the roller? Mine had 0.8 in there after the pushback checklist is done.

Is there somewhere telling what that figure should be, or when I set it.

The fuelplaner does calculate the TOWCG/TRIM value. When you load the loadsheet it is forwarded to the aircraft.

It might be even on the printed loadsheet.

When you enter flaps 1 at the takeoff perf page, we automatically add the trim value. IRL it has to be entered manually by pilot.

Archived