Flight crew not talking to each other

Hi, this about the A320 series:

Sometimes, not always,  I lose my co-pilot (she stops talking to me while in flight).  Normally she would start a checklist about 25NM before the decent, but she's gone by then, and we no longer talk to each other. I have to do the whole landing by myself.

Is there something specific I have done wrong here?

Gaz

Hi Gaz, 

I take it you had interaction with the copilot prior to this?

If so, it sounds like something happened during the flight to interrupt the 'normal' flow of events on which the checklists rely.

I've noticed that inadvertently entering DES mode before the Descent Preparation Checklist breaks the remaining checklists.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave

Yep, it goes through the initial plan by itself, although I do items on the plan myself sometimes (it really doesn't matter). Sometimes it expects only the captain to do it, so I do.

The last checklist it seems to do is after takeoff then it stops  - nothing to do with landing.

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Did you really check in the MCDU3 CHECKLIST menu that the Copilot is still set to ON? Did you maybe use key "2" from your keyboard for any other purposes? Because this switches the Copilot OFF resp. ON?

Regards,

Rolf

3 hours ago, Hanse said:

Rolf

Hi Rolf

Yeah, I went into that mcdu 2, but by the time I checked I noticed there was nothing highlighted in there. There are 2 pages in the Checklist area, and it has nothing going highlighted.

Gaz

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gaz,

there is not always a CL highlighted p.e. when you at CRZ LVL. Next time something like this happens, please send us a screenshot of the MCDU CHECKLIST menu so that I can see that the Copilot is still ON!

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived