A330-300 Fuel Capacity?

CDreier

The planner show a maximum fuel capacity of 168,700 lbs.  That's much lower than what I've read on several aviation sites and makes a flight of any significant distance, i.e., KATL-SCEL or SAEZ-KATL impossible unless I greatly reduce passenger load.  I recently flew real-life between SAEZ-KATL fully loaded passenger-wise on a Delta 330-300 and so I wonder what's going on with the Aerosoft model?  The fuel capacity, etc., seems very unrealistic.  Thoughts and help please.

Afternoon Sir. I flew the  SAEZ to KATL  route pretty neutral winds Dl 110 FL340 my block was 67.9 i try to match simbrief prediction with the fuel planner in advanced mode. Cheers, steve the old fart

Steve,

I'll try a flight this evening.  The Aerosoft Fuel Planner shows adequate fuel even with a full passenger load.  However, PFPX shows I must take the load down to around 240 pax to make it happen.  That's a large discrepancy - we'll see how it goes.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Cdreier,

The A330-300 model that we have modeled does not include the center fuel tank that was made available as an option by Airbus in 2015 for the -300 variants. Until then all A330-300 variants were delivered without center fuel tank.

Out of interest I checked that Delta has 9 A330-302 models that are less than 5 years old (source flightradar24), so it could be that Delta has these aircraft with the center tank and higher MTOW allowing these longer flights.

3 hours ago, Secondator said:

Hello Cdreier,

The A330-300 model that we have modeled does not include the center fuel tank that was made available as an option by Airbus in 2015 for the -300 variants. Until then all A330-300 variants were delivered without center fuel tank.

Out of interest I checked that Delta has 9 A330-302 models that are less than 5 years old (source flightradar24), so it could be that Delta has these aircraft with the center tank and higher MTOW allowing these longer flights.

That makes sense, thank you.  Unfortunately the routes I typically fly with deltava.org are similar to the one mentioned above.  This really limits my use of the A333 in my sim flying.  So is life.  😢 

Archived