Fuel Planner

Juergen2

Hi,

I have a question/issue:

I am trying to fly a A321 professional (Condor Livery, A321 Professional, 211 CFM Sharklets) from GCTS (Tenerife South) to EDDM (Munich) and using the Aerosoft A3xx Fuel Planner.

The planner has the following data: Distance: 1,792 Nm; Fuel: Res - 5,000lbs; FoB: 42,051lbs; Pax: 45; Cargo: 2,480lbs; ZFW: 114,113lbs., TOW: 154,927.

As soon as I increase the pax load, I will exceed the Max.Landing Weight. Also the trim is calculated at: DN 1.7 - when I take off with this setting I get a "Trim Warning". {this is a airliners.net quote: Range with 186 passengers and reserves 4352km (2350nm) with V-2530s, 4260km (2300nm) with CFM-56s. A321-200 - Range 4907km (2650nm)}

Why can't I execute this flight with more Pax????

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Juergen,

Could you please post a screenshot of the fuel planner in advanced mode when you see these issues. That way it's easier for us to see the bigger picture and try to identify any issues that you might have.

• Deputy Sheriffs

You seem to have excessive amounts of fuel on Holding Fuel, Contigency Fuel and Final Reserve Fuel slots.

You should be fine with the flight with around 2500 lbs final reserve, maybe 20 minutes of holding fuel (to be on the safe side) and 5-10 minutes of Contingency fuel.

Please login to display this image.

About the trim issue, I can see that happening as well. We'll try to find some time to have a proper look into it to adjust the range so that the values make more sense. 

Thanks for clarification.

I will use the fuel load as suggested by you. I never paid much attention to the fuel calculation, but also never flew that long a distance with the airbus.

Thanks for help

One more question:

How did you get that screenshot into the forum page?

Thanks

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Juergen2 said:

How did you get that screenshot into the forum page?

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived