Gran Canaria PAPIs not working

westbros

Hi.

I have recently noticed that the PAPI lights at GCLP are not working correctly. I spotted it a week ago and have just done another test to check that it wasn't a blip. I am getting 4 red lights even if I am above the glide slope. Please see the attached screen shot in which I have slewed to a point shortly before landing. The ILS for 03L is correctly tuned in and shows that the glide slope is below me. I should be seeing 4 white lights, but I am getting 4 red. You can see 4 reds on 03R too. If I go to the other end of the runway and do the same for 21R I still get just 4 reds. 

Please let me know if there is a fix for this. Many thanks.

Adrian

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft

Hi Adrian,

just to chime in: to my knowledge the PAPIs or VASIs aren't necessarily aligned to the ILS glideslope in real life. I don't know this specific case, but it is possible this is correctly depicted here. 

• Developer

There was a bug in older P3D V4.x version in a internal Sim Variable, which is used to calculate the PAPI Lights. This was fixed with a hotfix 2/3 of P3D V4.5 and is now corrected.

The GCLPConfig Tool will check the P3D Version and replace the related Scenery depending on the used P3D Version.

If you update P3D after the install of the scenery with Hotfix 2 or 3, it could happend that still the old PAPI version is used.

Just start the GCLPConfig Tool when P3D ist stopped and close it directly. Then start P3D again and check if the Papi back to work

Same should be done with other Sim-wings Scenery, like GCTS or GCGM.

That worked perfectly Oliver. Thanks. I don't seem to have a problem with GCLA, GCHI, GCGM, LEMG, LEPA, LEMH or LEIB. So this must have been a glitch just with GCLP. 

• Developer

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived