P3d doesn't start

peterb48

When I run simstarter I get an error message "cannot run program L:\lockhead Martin\Prepar3D.exe>! File does not exist". Prepar3D is installed in L:\lockhead Martin\Prepar3d V4\ which is what is shown in the path to prepar3d setting in simstarter. As far as I can check registry entries show the correct path.

I have deleted and reinstalled simstarter with the same result. 

Thanks

Peter

SIMstarter NG.log

• Developer

Looks like something with is installation P3D went wrong:

25/01/2020 7:01:26 PM INFO      PLATFORM            Simulator path base: L:\Lockhead Martin\
25/01/2020 7:01:26 PM INFO      PLATFORM            Simulator path application: L:\Lockhead Martin\PREPAR3D.EXE

So your Regkey is pointing to a wrong path. This can effect SIMstarter NG and others software as well.

Are you familiar with fixing the registry?

• Developer

Please be careful and anything will happen on your own discretion:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

AppPath

Please login to display this image.

I only found one entry with correct directory as per your example. Tried again still no success.

from the log "09/03/2020 6:21:27 PM FAIL      STARTPROGRAM        Start Program < L:\Lockhead Martin\Prepar3D v4\PREPAR3D.EXE >. "   File does not exists!

Not a big deal I can start P3D myself

Thanks

sorry about all the files Can't delete them.

I'm using win 10 180410 (it wont update beyond this). Dont have a debugpak  or know where it is. 

SIMstarter NG.log

found this

20200308-22h35m07_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip

• Developer

Strange. You might have had the wrong folder before. Since the Logfile is showing that the path has changed.

Great - have nice landings...

Archived