Reverse Engine Won't Stay Engaged

Daniel Baker

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Not if this does not affect other aircraft.

I have personally troubleshot the exact situation you have described with two different customers, and I mean EXACT, as in precisely the same. The cause was FSUIPC. I just don't know what else to tell you.

Yes, I can understand that for sure.

The only thing that puzzles me is that when I remove FSUIPC from the equation, the result is exactly the same.  I'm still trying to figure out how to position the issue on the FSUIPC forum, because I think the first thing they'll tell me is to remove FSUIPC and see if it still happens, which it does.

Is it silly for me to suggest that there should be some way to read what throttle values the A330 is reading?  Like a feature in Options that would show what it's registering, so it's possible to understand if it thinks my throttles are not at idle?  Even just an output of numbers?

Thanks,

Daniel 

24 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

The only thing that puzzles me is that when I remove FSUIPC from the equation,

Would you pleade explain how you did this? As much detail as possible please, baring in mind we can't see you system.

25 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Is it silly for me to suggest that there should be some way to read what throttle values the A330 is reading? 

Far above my paygrade, though this is a capability built into FSUIPC so you already can do this. But please do not take ys back around to looking at the Airbus code, that is not the problem.

I again refer you back to the FSUIPC forum, I don't have a clue how else to help you.

Best wishes.

7 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Would you pleade explain how you did this? As much detail as possible please, baring in mind we can't see you system.

Far above my paygrade, though this is a capability built into FSUIPC so you already can do this. But please do not take ys back around to looking at the Airbus code, that is not the problem.

I again refer you back to the FSUIPC forum, I don't have a clue how else to help you.

Best wishes.

Hi Dave,

To remove FSUIPC I deleted the FSUIPC.ini file.

What if I were to totally uninstall it?  Remove the module from the folder - does that remove FSUIPC from the equation, do you think?  I'm happy to try that before moving on to the FSUIPC forum if you think it will help?

Cheers,

Daniel 

6 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Daniel,

FSUIPC is not our software. I really have to refer you to the FSUIPC forums my friend.

I wish you all the best.

Sorry for belaboring the point, but what I was suggesting was removing FSUIPC from our conversation by removing it from my system, and then enabling P3D controllers in order to come in line with the preferred Aerosoft configuration.  That way we'd only be talking about your software, which of course is fair enough a requirement by you.

But I appreciate that you've spent enough time on me already, so I'll try my luck in the FSUIPC forum.

With your permission I'll report back their opinion here?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd like to bring this to resolution, in case anyone else ever has this issue; it seems I've been able to fix this (for 1.0.0.8 at any rate, not tried the newest build yet)

The problem seems like a calibration one: the Airbus Pro is extremely sensitive to calibration.  I have noisy (old) Saitek throttles, and their calibration software is not very good.  In the past (with other aircraft) I've been able to get around this with FSUIPC and (often) aircraft specific throttle calibration (tuning) options (ie; within their config tool or options within the FMC.)  Unfortunately he standard FSUIPC calibration option simply inactivated the throttles, and the the AIrbus Pro doesn't come with its own tuning software (I humbly suggest this should be looked at in the future)

This was not an FSUIPC issue.  When I removed FSUIPC from my system (ie; FSUIPC.ini gone - so no throttle assignments) and used the standard P3D assignments (set up according to the Airbus Manuals) I got the same behaviour.  But FSUIPC seems to be part of the solution, at least for me.

Here's how I fixed it:

First, I needed to use a Saitek registry tool to reset your calibration: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360023194074 

Second, in FSUIPC do this (from Pete Dowson, FSUIPC):

Assign Axis Throttle1 Set and Axis Throttle2 Set

In the [JoyStickCalibration...] section for your A330 in the INI file, change this:

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

to

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=Yes

then re-calibrate in FSUIPC with a dead zone at idle (minimum).

This seemed to work for me.

I hope this helps someone in the future!

Daniel

Archived