MCDU 3 Loading and Trim

Hello everyone, 

As we load the plane we can choose the ZFW but not the ZFWCG via MCDU3. Also, the trim for take-off always shows the fixed figure of 4 regardless of GWCG.

Thank you

On 3/6/2020 at 11:34 AM, TGoncalves said:

Hello everyone, 

As we load the plane we can choose the ZFW but not the ZFWCG via MCDU3. Also, the trim for take-off always shows the fixed figure of 4 regardless of GWCG.

Thank you

Hello my friend.  Yes, you are correct.  I asked that this ability be added to MCDU#3, however it was correctly pointed out that it really doesn't affect the aircraft or our ability to enter the Takeoff Trim in the actual MCDU, which I have to agree with.  So this being the case, the Trim value in MCDU#3 is arbitrary unless the Loadsheet was computed by the Fuel Manager and INIT Loadsheet was selected.  In cases where the Loadsheet is not used, simply enter the takeoff trim in the regular MCDU.

I personally always use the Fuel Planner and set the Trim value there, then select Generate Loadsheet, and then in MCDU select INIT Loadsheet.  That is the proper way to do it with our software.

Best wishes!

Best wishes!

3 minutes ago, TGoncalves said:

Thank you Dave.

Will get Fuel Planner then, as I dont have any other software, just the airplanes.

Have a great day!

Just so you're aware, the Fuel Planner was installed along with the Airbus.  I posted a procedure for using Simbrief along with the Fuel Planner, it is located at the link below:

Just an FTI:   I'm pretty busy in my personal life right now, so I'm sort of hit and run with flight sim stuff.  But if you need me, shoot me a PM and I'll get back  with you ASAP.

Best wishes.

Archived