Checklist Issues with V 1.0.0.8

I just installed the new version.

Two issues, that I had reported earlier have not been resolved.

I turned off the viewpoint option.

1 When I reach the "pitch trim" item in the after start (engine) checklist,  the display switches to "wheels" and one has to press
twice the FCTL button to return to the right display.

2 when the after start checklist is finished, the "Flood light - main panel" is turned to a high setting irrespective of what it was b4.

I just did a flight KJFK to MMMX

after TO, the Landing checklist was displayed and the GWPS shouted "Terrain", which I found odd and which does not
reflect real world behaviour of the plane. (Exhibit)

On approach to MMMX, the approach checklist asked for exterior lights b4 reaching 10000 feet altitude.
Then upon reaching 10000, "lights on" was demanded and the pilot voice was in an unpleasant loop saying "on..on..on"

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
vor 22 Stunden , Jov sagte:

I turned off the viewpoint option.

1 When I reach the "pitch trim" item in the after start (engine) checklist,  the display switches to "wheels" and one has to press
twice the FCTL button to return to the right display.

Change will be included in the next experimantal update.

vor 22 Stunden , Jov sagte:

2 when the after start checklist is finished, the "Flood light - main panel" is turned to a high setting irrespective of what it was b4.

On 6.3.2020 at 12:51, Jov sagte:

after TO, the Landing checklist was displayed and the GWPS shouted "Terrain", which I found odd and which does not
reflect real world behaviour of the plane. (Exhibit)

On 6.3.2020 at 12:51, Jov sagte:

On approach to MMMX, the approach checklist asked for exterior lights b4 reaching 10000 feet altitude.
Then upon reaching 10000, "lights on" was demanded and the pilot voice was in an unpleasant loop saying "on..on..on"

I cannot confirm this. Did you use the Copilot? Use it and see what settings she makes. After passing 10.000 feet only the Landing Lights are switched on and the Seatbelt Signs are checked if ON - which are already set to ON before descent. .

vor 2 Stunden , Hanse sagte:

I cannot confirm this. Did you use the Copilot? Use it and see what settings she makes. After passing 10.000 feet only the Landing Lights are switched on and the Seatbelt Signs are checked if ON - which are already set to ON before descent. .

The cause for the behavior in MMMX is that the Approach Checklist starts at an altitude higher than 10k ft. In that checklist, "exterior lights" are requested. Then at passing 10k ft, the checklist demands "lights on" and the loop starts.
The same happened just now @ SEQM, also an high altitude airport. It is a clearly reproducible error. The loop stops, when the landing checklist is executed.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Landing at High Altitude Airports:

The CL is based on SOP and does not recognize procedures for High Altitude Airports. The problem approaching those airports with the current CL version is the sequence e. g. the Autobrakes -, Landing System -, Landing and Cabin Lights - Check should de done before the Approach CL. Otherwise we will experience the issue as described above.

In the next experimental update a modified Checklist version will be included: "Landing at High Altitude Airports (Runway elevation higher than 5.000 feet) the Autobrakes -, Landing System -, Landing and Cabin Lights - Check is now based on RadioHeight instead of IndicatedAltitude".  This means the check will not happen around 10.000 feet (indicated altitude as displayed on the PFD) but in such a case below app. 10.000 feet radio altitude e. g. much earlier and before the Approach CL starts.

Regards,

Rolf

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because the problems have been solved after complete new installation of the A330 (using the proposed standard intallation folder) this topic will be closed.

Regards,

Rolf

• Hanse locked this topic

Archived