RTA

Hello

I just watched a youtube video about crossing the Atlantic. It explained how the procedures are to recieve clearance from controller (VATSIM or IVAO) to cross the ocean.

In that vide they used a PMDG 777 and was there able to entern i time in the MCDU when to pass a certain waypoint.

As I understood it is called RTA.

Does the busses have this? In real life I know they have but i mean in the AS versions.

If the answer is "yes": Where can I find it?

f the answer is "no": Is this something that AS consider implement? (Would be nice at least on the A330 since it is long haul)

//Jonas

Hello Jonas,

RTA stands for Required Time of Arrival, and its a working feature on the A330.

It can be found on the vertical revision page of any waypoint. Vertical revision page is accessed by clicking on the right LSK of the corresponding waypoint.

Yet, even if it wasnt a working feature(on any airplane), you can adjust the speed by yourself to meet a desired target.

Hope you enjoy the A330, its a wonderful machine.

Have a great day!

15 minutes ago, TGoncalves said:

Hello Jonas,

RTA stands for Required Time of Arrival, and its a working feature on the A330.

It can be found on the vertical revision page of any waypoint. Vertical revision page is accessed by clicking on the right LSK of the corresponding waypoint.

Yet, even if it wasnt a working feature(on any airplane), you can adjust the speed by yourself to meet a desired target.

Hope you enjoy the A330, its a wonderful machine.

Have a great day!

Yes I am fully aware of that I can reduce speed manually but it was a nice feature to have.

Also was aware of the acronym (Req Time o Arr)

But thanks for explaining how to find it. I will try next flight.

Also agree in your last sentence, "wonderful machine"!

😃

Thx

//J

Archived