Debating on which to purchase

I'm trying to decide between the Aerosoft A330 Professional or the FSLabs A321.  I'm big on a realistic flight deck and having a functional cockpit from head to toe, but I know that the FSLabs aircraft do not have those lovely checklists that the Aerosoft aircraft do and I love having the semi-intelligent FO read off the checklists to me.

So I'm stuck.  What are the major differences between the Aerosoft A330 Professional that come out a few months ago and the FSLabs A321?

• Deputy Sheriffs

In general: All Aerosoft Buses focus on the daily job of a pilot, so no simulation of abnormal procedures and failures happening once in 500.000 hrs or functions that are never touched by a pilot but only by the ground crew. Also the interiour and exteriour model of the Aerosoft buses in general s much better then the other Bus.

The A330 and meanwhile also the A31x/A32x got an EFB, both have the CFD. The CFD is the thing that brings the aircaft more close to reality then some fancy features nobody uses. The most unrealistic thing in flight simulation is flying as a single pilot. this is now solved with the CFD (still it is not 100% perfect.)

And the A330 is of course a long haul aircraft.

And finally I personally would never invest my money in somebody with such a bad reputation. 😠

57 minutes ago, mopperle said:

In general: All Aerosoft Buses focus on the daily job of a pilot, so no simulation of abnormal procedures and failures happening once in 500.000 hrs or functions that are never touched by a pilot but only by the ground crew. Also the interiour and exteriour model of the Aerosoft buses in general s much better then the other Bus.

The A330 and meanwhile also the A31x/A32x got an EFB, both have the CFD. The CFD is the thing that brings the aircaft more close to reality then some fancy features nobody uses. The most unrealistic thing in flight simulation is flying as a single pilot. this is now solved with the CFD (still it is not 100% perfect.)

And the A330 is of course a long haul aircraft.

And finally I personally would never invest my money in somebody with such a bad reputation. 😠

I appreciate it.  I just love the voiced checklists and the depth that the Aerosoft has.  So torn, ugh.  Thanks again. :)

1 hour ago, joejccva71 said:

I'm trying to decide between the Aerosoft A330 Professional or the FSLabs A321.  I'm big on a realistic flight deck and having a functional cockpit from head to toe, but I know that the FSLabs aircraft do not have those lovely checklists that the Aerosoft aircraft do and I love having the semi-intelligent FO read off the checklists to me.

So I'm stuck.  What are the major differences between the Aerosoft A330 Professional that come out a few months ago and the FSLabs A321?

I was in the same boat but was a toss up between the FSLABs 320 and the Aerososft pack including the 318-321 , for me i cannot justify the cost of the FSLABs being over 100 quid then you have the added cost of the 319 and 321 ouch, ...the Aerosoft Aircraft are just right for my needs and budget and i can fly the smaller Airbus fleet for a lot less .

Aerosoft like to keep their prices down yet still produce quality Aircraft /scenery etc ..... others will say the FSLABS is much better but would you really use the extra features it has at the cost? . There is only two things i would love to see improved with the Aerosoft Airbuses and that's correct Hold entries and Ground speed mini but saying that it still flies well and gets regular updates and improvements, glad i brought the 318-321 pack

• Deputy Sheriffs
11 hours ago, keenrw said:

There is only two things i would love to see improved with the Aerosoft Airbuses and that's correct Hold entries and Ground speed mini

And this are all things being considered and/or being worked on.

I own all the AS and FSL buses. FSL is far superior, something you’ll see if you get to fly both. Not saying the AS ones are bad, I still fly them. 

To make the decision more complicated: FSL is much heavier on performance. That means the graphical quality of the sim has to be sacrificed to a large extent to achieve flyable frames.

Archived