Can't Update airac with PFPX 2.03

Hi All,

I hope someone can help me solve an issue I have.

I have been using 128 9i for ages without issue but several days ago for reasons unknown it began to crash to desktop when accessing the schedule area. After giving up on getting it to work again I down loaded and installed 2.03.

For two days I have been trying to update the airac cycle Navigraph 2003 with no success. TOPCAT, Prosim Utilities and ProATC on the same computer all updated without issue. I have uninstalled and installed PFPX around 6 times now. The Nav Data file is in the usual place >  Users\Public\Public Documents\Nav Data. All sharing is set to the best of my knowledge. PFPX is installed under the C drive. I am using Windows 7. I have used the Manager and Manual methods. The green bar shows and both methods report airac is uptodate, however PFPX still reports 1801. Pulling my hair out here as this is normally such a simple task.  Hope someone has some fresh ideas for me to try.

Ed

Hello Ed,

Is this a standalone PC or are you updating the  AIRAC over a network and hence reference to sharing ?

Backup and then delete the files navdata.nav and cycle_info.txt located C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData

Try installing the AIRAC using the Data Manager

Should that fail post snaphots of the C:\Users\Public\Documents\PFPX Data\NavData folder showing the date and size of files, also the path set in addon mappings of the data manager.

Thanks Stephen,

The computer is part of a 3 client network, but essentially it is 'standalone' in regards to PFPX airac. (to the best of my knowledge) 

Something strange is going on though. PFPX seems to be stuck on 1801 and I can't for the life of me figure out where it's getting that cycle from. I've deleted every known instance I can find on this PC but still it finds 1801.

I extract the zip to the desktop, run the exaction as administrator and the cycle exe claims it has installed 2003. If I look in the Nav folder and open cycle info text it says 2003.

I will follow your suggestions and get screen shots as well. The work involved in reformatting is huge, so I really don't want to go down that road....yet .

Best Regards,

Ed

Thanks Stephen,

The computer is part of a 3 client network, but essentially it is 'standalone' in regards to PFPX airac. (to the best of my knowledge) 

Something strange is going on though. PFPX seems to be stuck on 1801 and I can't for the life of me figure out where it's getting that cycle from. I've deleted every known instance I can find on this PC but still it finds 1801.

I extract the zip to the desktop, run the exaction as administrator and the cycle exe claims it has installed 2003. If I look in the Nav folder and open cycle info text it says 2003.

I will follow your suggestions and get screen shots as well. The work involved in reformatting is huge, so I really don't want to go down that road....yet .

Best Regards,

Ed

Please login to display this image.

The other Public Documents fold is empty.

I am still running an older version of Windows,,  1809 I think it is. Could that be the problem?  I always hate updating as it tends to cause more issues than it helps so I have Updates turned off.

I've gone ahead and started a complete Update to 1903. I know there will be a lot of things that will need fixing now. Will report back if any favorable changes regarding PFPX.

The navadata.nav file is the correct date and size for 2003.

I suspect PFPX is calling the data from another location, are you using One Drive or something similar?

Try searching the PC for navdata.nav to find the location if necessary.

Hi Stephen,

The updated Windows isn't so bad so far. It seems to have cleaned up some file structure as well as optimizing hard drive space however it hasn't helped with the PFPX airac update. I don't use Onedrive on this PC, but I will double check to ensure that.  The thing is, if the installation installs to the C drive under Users..then why does PFPX not look there for the data?

I too suspect PFPX is getting it's airac information from another source. I thought I had it, as I found a backup in J: drive that had cycle 1801 in it, so I pointed the airac 2003 to that Nav folder but it still read 1801 after installing airac 2003 to that Nav Data folder. I don't understand  where, how or why it would be looking elsewhere for this data. Could there be a link to the registry? If so I would like to go in and delete that link, but I wouldn't know where exactly to look for it in the Registry.

I mention Registry, as even on a complete new install  of PFPX,  it  still brings up the same schedule flight plans and still goes to airac 1801 as per my screen shots. I've  reinstalled PFPX, probably about times now..and every time the same results.

I'll do a search of navdata.nav and see what turns up.

Thanks for sticking with me on this.

Ed

Problem SOLVED with Stephens help.  PFPX was looking at a backed up PFPX Data folder that I had sitting on my desktop for ages. Getting PFPX to use the correct path to Public Documents fixed the issue. It was a bit tricky getting there, so if anyone reading this has the same issue, Stephen can help  as quite a few steps are involved.

Thanks again Stephen :)

Best Regards,

Ed Burton

Archived