Bergen 1.03 - still needs excessive thrust to taxi

Just landed in Bergen for the first time since I upgraded the scenery to the latest version (1.03) and as I recall it, one of the issues that was said to be fixed in this version was to no longer have to use excessive thrust to taxi on the apron and taxiways.

Unfortunately though, this issue still seems to exist over here.

Any ideas?

• Developer

Where exactly does this happen and are you rolling uphill? I have checked the ground with the Carenado CT182T which needs some more power for ground operations and moving was no problem, everywhere. If this is the case when rolling uphill it's normal and not a ground issue but if there's still a ground issue I need more detailed information about where exactly this is happening and what aircraft was used.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I landed on runway 17 and vacated on A6 and taxied to gate 28.

A bit hard to judge if it's uphill. Maybe a little but not as much I think that it would require excessive thrust...?

Here's a screenshot where I'm as close to the ground as possible looking in the direction I taxied and it doesn't look that much of an uphill to me.

Edited to add, the aircraft was the Zibo mod.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

I just had a quick test with the stock C172 and this was fine. If slightly downhill the C172 rolled on its own as soon as I released the parking brake with not thrust at all, slightly uphill required some more power to get it rolling but overall I could accellerate easily with about 1000-1200 rpm and even less if speed was build up already.

I will have another look an check the location visible on your screenshot while my video is uploading.

OK.

Could be an issue with the Zibo mod maybe but I doubt it since that would also be seen at other airports I like to think. Which has not been the case.

• Developer

I checked the taxi path you described and everything worked fine as expected. The position on your screen is slightly sloped uphill and requires more thrust when rolling this direction but when coming from the other side the C172 rolled by itself without any application of power after releasing the parking brake. Overall there was no issue and with some more thrust (about 1500 rpm) I could even accelerate rather quickly without issues. Also, from a technical part this has to be fine because there are native X-Plane taxiway polygons used to define the physics.

Do the taxiways and aprons show up on the X-Plane map for you?

• Developer

I think I got it: What I can see on your screen is NOT version 1.03. The conifer trees in the distance are wrong and so is the grass, version 1.03 comes with completely new vegetation. I assume your ingame map is missing too.

So, either the claimed 1.03 download is still pointing to the old package or there is an issue with your installation. I strongly recommend deleting older versions and installing the new ones after that when updating sceneries so, assuming the download provides the current version, please download again and remove the old version from Custom Scenery before installation.

Ah, that explains it.

Well, I always remove old versions before installing new versions. So I guess the problem is the download wasn't the latest version.

I downloaded it from the X-Plane.org store when the new version was announced.

Just checked the order and this is what the download looks like. Hard to know what the version is when the version isn't included in the file name. Or maybe there's some other way to check the version?

• Developer

Just have a look into the folder 'Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Airport' from the download archive - is there a folder named 'SAM_Seasons_SDK'? If this folder is missing you still have the older version. Please report if this is the case, I have no idea if x-plane.org already got the updated version so I have to tell someone responsible for the file distribution (but before I need to be sure the file is not yet updated).

Nope, don't have that one as you can see

I checked the date of my folder and it's the the 5'th of Feb, the same date version 1.03 according to the product page and the version history over at the X-Plane.org store was updated. But looks like I still got the old version.

I'm just redownloading to see if the folder is there now. Will let you know.

Happy to let you know the redownloaded zip file does include the folder you mention. So guess I was a bit too quick downloading version 1.03 back when it was released.

Looking forward to try out this new version. I'm sure it will be good now 👍

Happy to report all is good now 👍

Just landed in Bergen, again on rw 17 and taxied to the same stand without any issues having to use excessive thrust this time.

So it's been over a week now and the lack of communication is extremely poor. The fact the original version of the scenery, which is unusable, was even available for purchase is a disgrace.

@Heinz Flichtbeil where can I get a refund for this? This product is not complete and was sold as a working product - I.E it was missold. Either confirm the update date for steam or I would like a refund so I can consider purchasing the version that works. 

• Developer

Please use my old temporary fix for the taxi issue until the steam version gets updated. Copy the folder 'Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Debump' into your Custom Scenery folder and place it above the Bergen Scenery folders in your Scenery_Packs.ini.

Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Debump.zip

• Administrator

Info from our Productmanager:

Also Steam must have the new Version Bergen XP V1.03 .

May be it is an idea to start the Steam Update manually.....

And please keep in mind:

The Plugin SAM V2 is required:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/141662-samv2-scenery-animation-manager-installation/

Greets Heinz

Thank you heinz. I am not sure how to manually update dlc in steam but I'll look around. I have SAM v2 which is a top addon. 

@FlyAgi many thanks for the fix, truly fantastic work. 

Archived