A320 Flight Deck Questions and Possible Issues

flightfanatic

Hello,

*Both of us have the latest update and did the reinstall as per Dave's instructions fyi.

We took a connected flight deck last night in the A320 and found some possible issues/questions if we may:

We flew the A320 IAE. Same livery, same scenery, same setup with just about everything. This is what we found:

• Parking brake wasn't in sync until we began taxiing and then we found it worked okay. So I would be on and his would be off. All sync setting etc were correct in the FMC.
  • Throttle issue - I have a yoke/throttles and friend has a joystick which he uses a button to increase throttle. With both connected the throttles were jumping all over the place and we couldn't reach toga. I disconnected my throttles and it then worked okay till after landing and it then appeared to want to have a little throttle all the time so it would click. Tried to calibrate but still no luck.
  • APU start still didnt sync.

Are these known issues or is there any fixes to them at this time please? Keen to get an answer as we enjoy the CFD alot.

Regards

On 3/1/2020 at 3:22 AM, flightfanatic said:

Hello,

*Both of us have the latest update and did the reinstall as per Dave's instructions fyi.

We took a connected flight deck last night in the A320 and found some possible issues/questions if we may:

We flew the A320 IAE. Same livery, same scenery, same setup with just about everything. This is what we found:

• Parking brake wasn't in sync until we began taxiing and then we found it worked okay. So I would be on and his would be off. All sync setting etc were correct in the FMC.
  • Throttle issue - I have a yoke/throttles and friend has a joystick which he uses a button to increase throttle. With both connected the throttles were jumping all over the place and we couldn't reach toga. I disconnected my throttles and it then worked okay till after landing and it then appeared to want to have a little throttle all the time so it would click. Tried to calibrate but still no luck.
  • APU start still didnt sync.

Are these known issues or is there any fixes to them at this time please? Keen to get an answer as we enjoy the CFD alot.

Regards

Hi

Did you guys both select the same aircraft state before connecting?

The throttle issue you were having could be caused by a conflicting axis between the PM and PF. 

Regards,

Markus

16 minutes ago, flightfanatic said:

Hi yes we ensured we had the same state prior to connecting. "Turn around"

How do we fix the axis issue please?

Ok,

The only fix for now is either to remove the throttle axis for your throttles in the p3d options menu before connecting for a CFD flight or to completely unplug/disable your throttles.

Regards,

Markus

On 3/1/2020 at 3:22 AM, flightfanatic said:

APU start still didnt sync.

Who pressed the APU start button when you had this issue?

Regards,

Markus

Incidentally, the Airbus requires a thrust lever axis (as noted on the product page in our store).  It can be used without one as you have seen, but it can cause unforseen issues especilly in Connected Flight Deck.  To use CFD as you guys are, Markus' idea is the best I know of.

Best wishes!

Archived