LSZH ramp starts don't align with SAM World Jetways

CJ Reed

Hi there, at Aerosoft Zurich the Ramp starts are incorrectly placed to work with SAM World Jetways.

Not a big job at all to fix.

Just needs someone there to go in and tweak the Jetway object positions/angles in WED to be in range of the provided ramp start locations.

Thanks,

Chris.

• Developer

The scenery has own animated jetways (since Update 2.0.5 if I understand correctly) but there are problems with some ramp starts so not all gates seem to work currently. Further, SAM World jetways has nothing to do with LSZH and most other Payware Airports as those usually don't use standard jetways and SAM World Jetways only affects standard and misterx jetways. Other sceneries are not affected and this is by design for technical resons, SAM World Jetways mainly adds animated jetways to default X-Plane airports (addon sceneries need to use default or misterx jetways to benefit from world jetways).

If latest SAM is installed you should find some ramps at LSZH where the animations do already work. You can find an excel sheet created by user 'Grauer_Wolf' in the german forums to find them easier:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/144990-aerosoft-lszh-keine-jetways-xplane-1133/&do=findComment&comment=932652

Also, as Heinz said in the german forums, an update is in the works to address the jetway issues (but there was no time frame mentioned).

🙂

4 hours ago, Marten said:

Yep it is in the works. The current jetway objects are simply too short and cannot extend to all parking spots.

Many Thanks Marten and flyAGI, that explains why some of the jetways - I think it was at the 'new' terminal (e.g. E44 IIRC) worked OK when I rolled well beyond the 'stop' marker, but not when I re-started and respawned at the E44 ramp start. You're right, jetways at the 'old' terminal seemed to be OK when I re-started and spawned over there later.

Yeah I appreciate, these being custom jetways things are more complex.

Many Thanks Guys,

Chris.

P.S. For XP default sceneries, basically if I land somewhere and I notice the Jetways have 'geometry' issues I d/l the scenery pack from the Gateway and try to tweak it to fix.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

Bizarrely seem to have encountered a similar issue at the newly released Aerosoft Ibiza XP.

I say 'bizarre' just because I was able to connect normally when arriving at the airport yesterday, but spawning at ramp starts at the airport this morning, the Jetways weren't active from ramp start locations.

I tried the Zibo Mod, the B737-700U and the default 737 (as shown below), at gates 25, 27 and 29 but was getting the grey 'A' in all instances today when starting a flight at Aerosoft Ibiza XP.

P.S. Not using the XP11.50 Beta, still using 11.41r1 (I can provide the SAM.Log file if you think it might help)

P.P.S the scenery in general and the jetways in particular look fantastic; and the 737 has airstairs so not a big issue, just a bit strange.

Have a great weekend.

Please login to display this image.

Archived