A320/21 Refuelling issue GSX - Please - somebody fix this!

Hi All

There seems to be a problem with the GSX fuel truck connecting up to the A320/21 prof.  

When the GSX fuel truck connects all the hoses I get the message "(GSX) Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel". Fueling will not begin and the message just keeps repeating. 

I have the A320/21 settings set to use GSX Services ON

When I hit the loadsheet all 3 entries (Fuel, Cargo and Boarding) all turn orange and the correct values are entered to left.

However, it just stays stuck with the GSX message repeating itself.  Further to this, the GSX menu sometimes just gets stuck on "Fuel truck in position" even thought it is not. Also could somebody finally explain why boarding/deboarding and refuelling don't happen simultaneously....?

I am aware that this has been an issue but it's getting really unacceptable and ridiculous that GSX/Aerosoft can't find a solution/fix or work on this.  I'm highly disappointed in this.  P3D/GSX is supposed to be realistic, however this is anything but realistic.  Please can somebody look into this and get it sorted.

I am somewhat upset and irritated.

Best Wishes,

James

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello James,

I just made another check for this and had no issues with refueling and boarding through GSX on the A320.

First, make sure that you are on the latest GSX version if you haven't checked this yet. Also, make sure that on MCDU3 Ground Services menu you have GSX services enabled. Lastly check that there are no conflicting GSX settings that could affect this. Personally I am using these settings which have been tested and verified to work, so you can try them and see if you get it to work.

Just confirm as well that once you have all three entries set on the load & fuel page that you are first requesting refueling through GSX and then boarding without using any of the right keys on the MCDU3 to request boarding.

In case you still cannot get it to work with these instructions, please let me know and I will forward this to the responsible developer.

Please login to display this image.

Hello Secondator,

Many  thanks for getting back to me.  Could you please confirm what the following mean:

- "Always refuel progressively" - do you want this switched on/ticked for any acft?

- "Detect custom acft system refueling - do you want this switched on/ticked for any acft?

These two are currently enabled.  I will try refuelling process again and update you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please set the GSX settings exactly as in the above picture and try with that. Those are the settings that I personally used when I performed the test 30 minutes ago.

What those functions do, I think GSX manual will give you the best information.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The functions are same between all aircraft so it's pretty safe to assume that if it works on A320 it will also work on A321. I cannot test it right now, but I can check this on my next test flight on the A321.

Hello Secondator,

Once again thank you for your message.

I've just changed my GSX settings so that they look like yours. Please see the attached photos. 

The fueling is now working to some extent better...however it's taking a while between the time the fuel truck docks up to the time it actually starts refuelling - about 5-10 mins sometimes more.... and sometimes the fuel will stop truck after 5-10 seconds...the FMC figure continues to rise...and sometimes vice versa...the fuel figure will reach it's max but the fuelling truck will continue loading fuel.  Hoping you can please help.  Thank you!

James

As mentioned this the A320/A321 Aerosoft professional aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I just tested the GSX-fueling with the A320/A321 and found no issue. Everything was working as required. So it is maybe a handling issue. Just to make sure there are two options for boarding / fueling the plane: To use GSX (via its menu) or the internal MCDU3 one (using LSK1-4R). But you should not use / initiate both systems - always just one. For GSX it means to enter the to be loaded figures into LSK1-3L and then to start the procedure via the GSX menu. In other words in case of using GSX do not touch LSK1-4R...... !

On 28.2.2020 at 20:57, James McCallum sagte:

Also could somebody finally explain why boarding/deboarding and refuelling don't happen simultaneously....?

This seems to be a safety precaution (implemented by GSX) that during fueling no pasengers should be on aboard..... But you should ask GSX regarding this sequence.....

59 minutes ago, James McCallum said:

This is understood.  Thank you.  There seems to be a delay however between GSX fuelling truck hooking up - to the time the fuelling actually starts happening if that makes sense...

James,

Have you communicated your concerns with FSDT?  Our code is working just fine for me and Hanse, so I'd say that FSDT would be the people for you to address your concerns with my friend.

Best wishes.

DaveCT2003

Thank you for your reply.  I will do that.  I'm pleased to announce that the fuelling truck did work much better today than it usually does.  By the way this is with the A320/21 professional.  The fuelling truck did take approx. 5mins before it chose to start refuelling however, it stayed until the refuelling process had finished.  A massive improvement I'm pleased to advise.

Archived