Livery Installer not installing?

Greetings,

Before I go to install my liveries manually I though I should report this.

Just installed the latest versions of the A31X, A32X and A330, and the livery installer downloaded from this forum.

I have some TAP Air Portugal liveries for each of the the 3 Buses and tried installing them without sucess:

Dragging and dropping the zip files didn't work for any of them: "No product and aircraft model could be found for use with this livery"

Opening the file by browsing inside the livery installer did the same result.

(Opening the zip and dragging the folder inside resulted in a window popping up with "The following liveries have been installed:" but no livery ID listed, only the OK button to close the window. Yet I now have those livery texture folders installed in my  C:\ root folder.

There's no new liveries appearing on the livery list of the livery installer.

Also, why does the 330 come with a livery manager for the A318-319? And my Livery Installer buttons are half hidden because the window is too small yet I cannot maximize it (I'm using Windows 7 still).

Apologies if I am doing something very wrong and missed it. Maybe these liveries (downloaded from this forum) aren't compatible with this installer?

11 minutes ago, ruilaureano said:

Greetings,

Before I go to install my liveries manually I though I should report this.

Just installed the latest versions of the A31X, A32X and A330, and the livery installer downloaded from this forum.

I have some TAP Air Portugal liveries for each of the the 3 Buses and tried installing them without sucess:

Dragging and dropping the zip files didn't work for any of them: "No product and aircraft model could be found for use with this livery"

Opening the file by browsing inside the livery installer did the same result.

(Opening the zip and dragging the folder inside resulted in a window popping up with "The following liveries have been installed:" but no livery ID listed, only the OK button to close the window. Yet I now have those livery texture folders installed in my  C:\ root folder.

There's no new liveries appearing on the livery list of the livery installer.

Also, why does the 330 come with a livery manager for the A318-319? And my Livery Installer buttons are half hidden because the window is too small yet I cannot maximize it (I'm using Windows 7 still).

Apologies if I am doing something very wrong and missed it. Maybe these liveries (downloaded from this forum) aren't compatible with this installer?

You installed the Livery Manager from 2018?   I would instead use the most up to date livery manager that comes with the A318/A319 and A320/A321 Professional.  There currently is no Livery Manager for the A330, it's being worked on and is due out very soon (no date yet).

Thanks for the fast reply,

I installed this file from this forum: AS_LIVERY_SETUP_P3DV4_V1000.EXE (this is the installer), so my report refers to this installer. When run, it recognizes all my Aerosoft airplanes - A318 through 321 and the 330. It also has a line a dropdown option for the CRJ and DC8, but I don't own those two.

I was able to install the A319 and A32X liveries using their respective livery managers but it seems the A330 doesn't have a livery manager - inside the A330 folder I found a A318-A319 livery manager.

28 minutes ago, ruilaureano said:

managers but it seems the A330 doesn't have a livery manager -

53 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

There currently is no Livery Manager for the A330, it's being worked on and is due out very soon (no date yet).

To add A330 liveries simply open the readme.txt file that comes with the livery download and follow the instructions.

Best wishes.

Thanks for you help, I missed you saying that the manager wasn't available the first time. I was able to install the liveries into the 330 manually, no problems there.

Still, my original report remains - i was unable to use the Livery installer:

21 minutes ago, ruilaureano said:

Still, my original report remains - i was unable to use the Livery installer:

Possibly because you're using an older Livery Manager.  The one that comes with the latest version of the A318/A319 and/or A320/A321 works perfectly.  That said, we will be updating the livery manager and adding the A330 in the very, very neat future so  you may want to wait until then (I would, it has some great new features).

Best wishes.

Archived