Throttle Assigment Problems via FSUIPC

John Pettit

I replaced my hardware about 8 days ago. My A3xx Professional Bundle had been working flawlessly using FSUIPC5 for control and throttle assignment. However, after a couple of flights my throttles have stopped working. Everything else works just as before, but my engines remain at idle power after start up.

I have done a complete uninstall and clean re-install of the A3xx Pro Bundle according to the pinned instructions - that gave no change - still only idle thrust.

I followed Vol 7 of the documentation (as far as I could - it needs updating for Prepar3Dv4.5xx ), but again with no success.

I also tried different combinations of 'Inverted axis' and 'Throttle Axis Count' within the configurator - again no success.

I have been through axis calibration (no problems) and my Logitech/Saitek Pro controllers work fully on all other aircraft models (default C172, default Baron Be58 etc).

As stated above this problem has only just started occurring a few days ago, everything worked perfectly before this.

My set up is:

Intel 9900k CPU @3.6GHz, nVidia RTX2080i with 11GB DDR6 RAM on board, 32 GB DDR4 ram, 1T SSD, 500 GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Logitech/Saitek Pro controllers & Pedals. Thrustmaster 1600M sidestick.

Hello John,

We don't recommend using FSUIPC with our aircraft, however as you know it's certainly possible for people to do - but we don't provide support for that.  Even so, I've helped numerous people to resolve this by deleting their FSUIPC.cfg file and reassigning the AXIS.  You can moving the FSUIPC.cfg file to the desktop, creating a new one at boot up of P3D, adding the Airbus, test the Airbus, and then copy over the entries for other aircraft.

That's about the limit of our support for this my friend, except to say that I don't use FSUIPC for control bindings.

Best wishes!

On 28.2.2020 at 16:53, John Pettit sagte:

I replaced my hardware about 8 days ago. My A3xx Professional Bundle had been working flawlessly using FSUIPC5 for control and throttle assignment. However, after a couple of flights my throttles have stopped working. Everything else works just as before, but my engines remain at idle power after start up.

I have done a complete uninstall and clean re-install of the A3xx Pro Bundle according to the pinned instructions - that gave no change - still only idle thrust.

I followed Vol 7 of the documentation (as far as I could - it needs updating for Prepar3Dv4.5xx ), but again with no success.

I also tried different combinations of 'Inverted axis' and 'Throttle Axis Count' within the configurator - again no success.

I have been through axis calibration (no problems) and my Logitech/Saitek Pro controllers work fully on all other aircraft models (default C172, default Baron Be58 etc).

As stated above this problem has only just started occurring a few days ago, everything worked perfectly before this.

My set up is:

Intel 9900k CPU @3.6GHz, nVidia RTX2080i with 11GB DDR6 RAM on board, 32 GB DDR4 ram, 1T SSD, 500 GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Logitech/Saitek Pro controllers & Pedals. Thrustmaster 1600M sidestick.

I had the same issue. Not sure why Aerosoft does it this way, nearly all aircraft are working with FSUIPC, only the Aerosoft Airbus A330 (maybe the 320 too, not sure) won't.

I found one way:

Prepar3dv4 Options / Other: Enable Controller(s) should be ticked

Delete every Axis assignment in Prepar3dv4 Options /Axis Assignments

the same with the Buttons: delete

than use your FSUIPC Assignments - and it worked for me - the throttle will move.

I can't say more or check anything at the momen, because the Airbus isn't installed anymore, I had too much issues (mostly the min 18FPS issue)

Regards

Urmel

28 minutes ago, Ulmel said:

I had the same issue. Not sure why Aerosoft does it this way, nearly all aircraft are working with FSUIPC, only the Aerosoft Airbus A330 (maybe the 320 too, not sure) won't.

I found one way:

Prepar3dv4 Options / Other: Enable Controller(s) should be ticked

Delete every Axis assignment in Prepar3dv4 Options /Axis Assignments

the same with the Buttons: delete

than use your FSUIPC Assignments - and it worked for me - the throttle will move.

I can't say more or check anything at the momen, because the Airbus isn't installed anymore, I had too much issues (mostly the min 18FPS issue)

Regards

Urmel

Hello Umel,

We've used the same thrust lever code for at least the past 12 years, and it does indeed work in FSUIPC (I used to use it).

What I posted above has worked for every single person I've helped with this issue - no exceptions.  If it's not working for you then I'd have to assume there is another variable unique to your system.

Best wishes!

Thanks for the comments Dave. After much trial and error on the FSUIPC5 Support website the answer appears to have been a line of 'code' in the FSUIPC5 ini.file.

The line in my .ini file under [JoystickCalibration.A320] read:

UseAxisControlsForNRZ=No

I was advised to change the response at the end of the line to Yes. This did the trick and now my throttles on my Aerosoft A3xx Pro Bundle all work as required. I am delighted! 

Its been quite a while since I've seen that one, but for the past year or so I've just been having people delete snd rebuild the cfg, so I might not HG ave been seeing that, but good to know!

Many thanks for getting back to us!

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived