Can´t use keyboard for use EFB

SEFEH

Hi,

Thank you Areosoft for the new EFB installation in the small buses! :)

I found a small problem after installing the new update yesterday. I can't use the keyboard even though I click on the center frame of the upper frame on the EFB and it glows green. Am I doing something else wrong? In the A330 it works.
Thankful for some idea of this! :) If You need any other information please let me know.

Regards

Folke Ekeroth

Same here too. Cannot use my PC keyboard to enter an airport for weather.

For Navigraph charts navigation, there are virtual keyboards displayed. Is it the only way of operation for this usage of the EFB? No mean also to use the PC keyboard for Navigraph Charts navigation?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I understand that AS has identified the problem that you do not get the pop up box keyboard so you can type with it. My question is whether it is due to my computer / Windows setup or possibly a bug in the program. After all, not many people seem to have this problem. Can I do something myself to get around the problem and make it work and then wait for a solution until the next update?

I also can not access the keyboard function through the EFB.

As its been suggested that you know what the problem is, would a reinstall of the Airbus fix it, or there differences within peoples computers that cause it? Would you like my DXDiag or any other data to help isolate and fix?

• Aerosoft

I have been assisting some customers with this who had this issue and found none of these actually had issues, they just forgot to click on the input field. That is not to say there are no issues but it is good to make sure all actions are done correctly.

Please login to display this image.

1. left click on the top bezel

1A. check the green led is lit

2. left click input field.

Hey Mathijs,

After reading your post I realised I was only trying to enter text into the Navigraph charts, so I tried your way, into the weather tab, and I couldn't enter any text into it.

Clicked top bezel to illuminate the green dot, left clicked the text box and pressed keys! 

Still doesn't work

This does not work in the A320. I cannot get the virtual keyboard to initiate yet scrolling and other functions work. To get information for EGLL, for example I would have to scroll forever!

Archived