Fuel planner calculates strange

Hjontemyra

I saw this behaviour also earlire but decided to wait for the latest installers for all three buses.

I now have followed Daves instructions how to unistall and install in right wway so everything is fresh.

I start fuelplanner and choose advanced tab.

I make a route from ESSA to ENGM. It is 208nM

Fuel planner automatically calculates and comes up with a amount of fuel.

If I after that increase "Alternate distance" by one step at the time with the arrows the fuel calculated sometimes increas and sometimes decreas even if every click is 1 nM miles longer.

The same behaviour happens on all buses.

Exampel:

Alt distance 187nM 16997kg (A330)

Alt distance 188nM 13125kg (A330) (Less fuel but 1 nM extra)

Alt distance 189nM 14039kg (Now increas again)

Alt distance 190nM 14953kg (Increas again)

Alt distance 194nM 13824kg (Now less than it was on 187 nM but 7nM longer)

How come?

Maybe it is me that do not understand the logic behind alternate distance.

//Jonas

Hi there,
I just want to add to that.
This applies to all Airbuses.
The values then jump back and forth for = TW, TOW, LW, Fuel Total,
TOW% MAC, TRIM and Adjust CoG.
Everything is probably related to it.
But only if the alternate distance changes by "  +   -  ".
I haven't flown yet, but the rest seems to be ok.
Thanks again.
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo,
Ich will dazu nur noch ergänzen. 
Dies trift für alle Airbusse zu.
Die Werte springen dann hin und her beim = TW, TOW, LW, Fuel Total,
TOW%MAC, TRIM und Adjust CoG. 
Hängt wohl alles damit zusammen. 
Aber nur bei Veränderung der Alternate Distance um " + - " .
Bin zwar noch nicht geflogen, aber der Rest scheint ok zu sein.
Danke nochmal.
CFG874 Bernd

You guys ever go to bed thinking that you did something really, really good and that it would be appreciated by thousands of people, maybe there would be applause, all sorts of accolades and awards (maybe even a medal or two?) and that maybe you'd be presented with the key to the city in front of thousands of adoring fans?  

Well, that's obviously not flight sim, so you simply HAD to be dreaming!  LOL!  

Thanks for pointing this out (well, not really, because there goes our keys to the city... LMAO!).  Seriously, thank you guys, we'll take a look at the changing the alternate distance.

But I do have some good news for you.  If you don't change the alternate distance it should be fine, however I'd like to provide you with a much better way to calculate fuel and generate flight plan files.

Let's remember that our Fuel Planner does not take into account Great Circle Navigation (necessary because despite what Flat Earthers would have you believe, we really do live on a globe/sphere - and I've seen it, and that means that the closest distance between two points is NOT a straight line, so.... :)).   Our fuel planner also does not factor in SIDs or STARs, which depending on the Deparure or Arrival can add or reduce the distance flown significantly.   Due to these things, the best way to generate a flight plan and calculate the fuel load is to use Simbrief or PFPX.  Both tools take into account Great Circle Navigation and SID/STAR distance flown.

Please go to the following link for the Simbrief and PFPX Aircraft Profiles and the procedure to use Simbrief alongside the AS Fuel Planner for creating Loadsheets.

Best wishes my friends!

23 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Due to these things, the best way to generate a flight plan and calculate the fuel load is to use Simbrief or PFPX.  Both tools take into account Great Circle Navigation and SID/STAR distance flown.

But one thing Simbrief don't do is calculate trim-setting.

So I plan on Simbrief then my idea was to use same vales in flightplanner that I had in Simbrief to see trim.

That how I discovered that the alternate did not calculate right

//J

1 hour ago, Hjontemyra said:

But one thing Simbrief don't do is calculate trim-setting.

Please take a look at the link I provided, and you will see that I addressed the Takeoff Trim Setting.

Best wishes!

Hello Dave,
It's weekend soon.

Is there a SimBrief link for baby buses ??????????
Thank you
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo Dave, 
Ist doch bald Wochenende. 

Gibt es den SimBrief Link auch für die Baby Busse  ??????????
Danke 
CFG874 Bernd

1 hour ago, CFG874 said:

Hello Dave,
It's weekend soon.

Is there a SimBrief link for baby buses ??????????
Thank you
CFG874 Bernd

Hallo Dave, 
Ist doch bald Wochenende. 

Gibt es den SimBrief Link auch für die Baby Busse  ??????????
Danke 
CFG874 Bernd

I haven't done the smaller buses. I'm away during the next few weeks (just checking the forums here and there) but I'll try to get them done when I'm back.

Archived